K&N Typhoon Kit

mattfinch

Hi all

I am looking to buy the K&N Typhoon kit very soon, I have a gunmetel 350z 2005 and I was wondering what would look better in the engine bay the chrome typhoon kit or the blue one, Any ideas from everyone would be great.

Thanks

That engine bay is sensational. I'm going to open the bonnet for the second time this weekend, it was filthy under their last time, I hope it'll be mysteriously clean this time, or I'll have to get cleaning.

Noob question alert. Why use the standard air box on the K&N? I thought (probably wrongly) the coney but on the end was the special part?

• 2 weeks later...

It is if you want the noise, I know, I'm an old fart :surrender: Heat sink should be a consideration too.

I haven't got my car yet, but have been reading up and dreaming of the mods I want to do. I love the extra noise you get from an induction kit, but having tried various induction kits on my MX5, I gave up because of the loss of low down grunt. The heat soak of the alloy pipe and the hot air being drawn in, really murdered the engine and it was especially noticeable during the summer months, not to mention the extra fuel I was using, and in the end I went over to a supercharger.

One of the things that MX5 owners do, is to use a decent panel filter and drill the airbox. That way they got the sound and not as much heat. What do you guys normally do to combat the problem?

They're all Findus tuners....proper pony chasers; so they all go panel filter stock setup, and if a DE engine then a flyboy velocity stack to squeeze the extra horses out. But those that like a nice noise use a range of things like jwt pop chargers, typhoons, BMC CDA, etc etc