I'm an idiot and lost my locking wheel nut key

Olliecrx

As per the title, I had a complete brain fart when fitting spacers, drove the car to turn it, forgot to remove the lock nut key, it fell off the wheel and rolled down a storm drain..... Yes, yes I'm an idiot!

So, I have managed to easily remove the 2 rear lock nuts with no bother, the front are stumping me because the collar is rotating and I just can't get them off.

I've rang a few places and left messages and I'm hoping to hit up Nissan in the morning and hopefully they have a set of keys I can use. But in the meantime has anyone any idea on how I can smash this rotating collar off?

I currently have 3 spacers on, and 2 lock nuts....

Like I said..... Brain fart

Cheers :)

I've a few places to ring in the morning, I know someone will get it off and I don't mind paying a small fortune, I hate locking nuts and never use them, I just hadn't gotten round to removing them and throwing them in the bin.

There's a dynomec kit on eBay at the minute actually

Thanks guys, I've a guy call me back and he can do it tomorrow morning for me :)

Because of the rotating ring on the nut a socket just spins when hit over it sadly

I've never had locking wheel nuts in my entire driving history regardless of whether the wheels cost £10 or £1000. My cars are always in an alarmed garage and rarely out of my sight if i go anywhere.

Plus is wheel theft not really a thing of the past?

Edited by Ollierx

Go to your nearest Nissan Garage, they have a master and will whip them off in no time :thumbs:

Are you trying to tell us you have a Nissan garage that can understand what you want. Mine doesn't have a clue even if i draw pictures. :)

Are you trying to tell us you have a Nissan garage that can understand what you want. Mine doesn't have a clue even if i draw pictures. :)

I'd say our dealers are pretty much the same. I recieved a call back today telling me to call by a local mechanics at 9.30 tomorrow morning and he will have me sorted in no time :) fingers crossed!

Go to your nearest Nissan Garage, they have a master and will whip them off in no time :thumbs:

No, but they should understand "can you undo my locking wheel nut as I have lost my thingumabob" :lol:

My local Nissan dealer was pretty good. They emerged with a large set of different master keys ....checked until they found the right one....bought one and ordered a back up...job done. I had also driven off with mine still on :headhurt: