Falken 453's

MarkZZZ

We've supplied a few sets of wheels recently with the 453's fitted and so far the reports have been positive... :)

Hi mate i had FK453's fitted on my wheels supplied by CS, there are a vey good tyre, less road noise and better grip than the Bridgestones i had before :)
  • Like 1

We've supplied a few sets of wheels recently with the 453's fitted and so far the reports have been positive... :)

Hi mate i had FK453's fitted on my wheels supplied by CS, there are a vey good tyre, less road noise and better grip than the Bridgestones i had before :)

What Bridgestone did you have? 040 or 050a

They are meant to be a step up from the 452 ......but they need to be.

I'll be interested in the feedback from users as I'm due a set in the not too distant future. Mpss and 050a top of the list though.

+1 on that.... much better and cheaper than the Bridgestones

040 or 050a?

040 or 050a?

050a I think.... If it wasn't raining I would pop outside and look for you :D

Either way I highly recommend them

How do these compare to perceived 'premium' brands like Michelin and Continental? I've just bought a new Zed running on LMGT4s, and have just winced slightly at the £280 a corner for most Michelins. I've got Bridgestones on my current (now previous I guess) Rays and have thought they're a bit weak, so don't know how to compare these to Michelin/Continental, which have always been my benchmark.

How do these compare to perceived 'premium' brands like Michelin and Continental? I've just bought a new Zed running on LMGT4s, and have just winced slightly at the £280 a corner for most Michelins. I've got Bridgestones on my current (now previous I guess) Rays and have thought they're a bit weak, so don't know how to compare these to Michelin/Continental, which have always been my benchmark.

Try here mate

http://lovetyres.com/

I was scared off the michelins by price, but looking at a few different tyres now and they seem good prices for all kinds of brands.

Try here mate

http://lovetyres.com/

I was scared off the michelins by price, but looking at a few different tyres now and they seem good prices for all kinds of brands.

Great tip! I've never heard of them, but you're right the prices seem too good to be true! I've always used Black Circles until now, but that might be about to change. Have you used them before? Clearly Auto Express rate them, which gives me more confidence in them.

I've read more about the Falkens since I posted last night (they are still cheap), and am being less convinced by the reviews I've read, but then they're based on other cars. Any first hand experiences contrasting the two? I also know the RE050s are popular, but the word runflat gives me a bit of a chill!

Not used them yet, but they seem legit (as much as any website!). I wasn't sure about tyre choice, but if I can order 4x Michelin PSS for £700 then it seems like the only choice to me. Althought the price on the Falkens is decent too. I think with the amount of different threads on here I've read, they're both good tyres and neither will cause problems. Although I am a noob!

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to jump on the band wagon.

All tyres on recently acquired 350z are shot. The budget jobs on the rear have gone down to 2mm in 11000 miles, so I guess previous owner has been hammering them.

Price is a big factor otherwise MPS I read are best but the Falken 453 I can get for £130 for fronts and £140 for rears, fitted and VAT. How does that price seem to the better informed???

Thanks

At Event Tyres

225/45ZR18 95Y MICHELIN PILOT SUPER SPORT - £201

225/45R18 91V MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 3 - £175

What price are the MPSS?

Event are also giving a free £50 fuel giftcard with 2 or more michelin's over 17"

• 3 weeks later...