Project ZeeAnnex - Finished 15th March

Keyser

Good evening to one and all, the following is only very loosely related to cars but a certain smurf (who knows about the little venture I need the extra space for) asked for a full pictorial account so at least 1 person should read this and I'm trying to catch up with Doogy who has a barn in his back garden!

Anyway I need a workshop (as well as a garage) and I recently acquired another compressor from eBay at a good price, so I'm taking a weekend off from cars and building Zee ZedShed Annex :clap:

Bit of background - we moved in here about 4 years ago and one of the first jobs was to build a workshop in the back garden - it is in fact 2 Marley prefab garages joined together with a custom roof It was in the back garden at my last house (was bigger then) but when we sold that place the new owner was building a second bungalow in the back garden and didn't want it so we brought it with us re-arranged the layout and erected it in our new back garden -

KODC0146_zpse6a1f9d9.jpg

Before it was even finished it became a store shed and has basically been that until today!

KODC0149_zps90e5f947.jpg

KODC0150_zps06a72c0c.jpg

KODC0151_zps77f0e1d5.jpg

So the first job tonight was to empty it out :scare:

KODC0152_zpse62b0be0.jpg

All in the back garden covered in tarps for now

KODC0153_zpsb25f660c.jpg

Lucky for me my daily is a pickup truck so I stopped by the builders yard on the way home and picked up this lot

KODC0145_zps942f2e0b.jpg

We then set about making the cupboard doors fit properly and added bolts to keep em closed

KODC0154_zpse29fcdb9.jpg

sorted :thumbs:

KODC0155_zpsb2398001.jpg

Then onto the new partition wall

KODC0157_zps0ec6bf63.jpg

KODC0156_zpsba57a607.jpg

That's as far as I got tonight will be on it all weekend so I will bore you with my progress :thumbs:

Edited by Keyser

OMG you managed to clear that unit (mad as well be its that big) of all the parts and bits you've collected. Good show that man.

So what sort of "work" will occur in the workshop?

OMG you managed to clear that unit (mad as well be its that big) of all the parts and bits you've collected. Good show that man. So what sort of "work" will occur in the workshop?

Yer took a couple of hours to empty :lol: Gonna bin some stuff but I'm terrible for hording - as you will see as the weekend goes on ;)

I want the space and compressor for 2 reasons

1. I want the sandblaster setup so I can use it for little jobs - it takes an age to get ready and makes such a mess, but it's so useful so often for cleaning even little things up!

2. I have found a new skill I want to learn so I have invested a few quid and want a workshop with a bit of free space to play/practice in, it's all top secret at the moment :ninja: well it would be if Mr G hadn't guessed it - don't ask me how he has a sixth smurf sense!

:lol:

You really do live the dream! Zed shed, zed shed 2, loads of cool toys (tools) and a s/c + nos'd zed. :cloud9:

I'll take a pic of my nail gun just for you tomorrow I have some great toys mate :):thumbs:

I do love power tools! Diy is fun!

Ye pink ones that take 6 double A batteries, and go BBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Ye pink ones that take 6 double A batteries, and go BBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

What do you mean? Obviously from your expert knowledge you use that device a lot. All my power tools are dewalt and I'm sure they don't do pink ones.

What do you mean? Obviously from your expert knowledge you use that device a lot. All my power tools are dewalt and I'm sure they don't do pink ones.

Touché Touché.

I bet you'd luv to see my box â¬.

Tool box that is. LOL

pinkpowerpack.jpg

Have you got a day job and how do you fit it in ?

Yes, but as my own boss I arranged to finish my last call at 4pm over to the builders yard pic up the wood, back to the office finish my work for the day,

had a coffee got changed started at 6pm ish on Zee Annex - finished 9:15pm shower post up on here bite to eat and a bit of TV.

Up and at it for 9AM ish tomorrow see how far I get :thumbs:

I'm trying to catch up with Doogy who has a barn in his back garden!

Its a shame I have feck all to put in my shed :lol:

Looks great so far :thumbs:, and I will be interested to see what your up to :ninja:

You will have a nice shiny tool box soon :teeth:

Just for BBK as I promised

KODC0164_zps51011ce0.jpg

Nail gun as modelled by Buster (I think he liked it)

So me and Buster popped out on a road trip first thing (I got one Mr G :thumbs:)

Which meant a late start, however much was achieved :)

I'm sure some of you are wondering how my wife lets me get away with all this - simples I let her play with the toys as well :thumbs:

KODC0158_zpsd1d82fe6.jpg

Partition wall going up

KODC0159_zpsd18ff586.jpg

Other side

KODC0160_zpsfd5e3b59.jpg

Buster supervises

KODC0161_zps1a136132.jpg

From the inside

KODC0162_zpsb539badd.jpg

Shelving added

KODC0166_zps14713306.jpg

Buster was very happy with the door

KODC0163_zpsf9776354.jpg

While Mrs Keyser started sorting through all the Jars of nuts bolts nails etc

I showed Buster the next job on the list. Behind ZeeAnnex we have

KODC0165_zpse4171dee.jpg

"We have to clear all that" I said to Buster

He got scared :scare::lol:

KODC0171_zps09aaa03b.jpg

But we moved all the old copper pipe etc that came out when we refurb'd the house (I have pics of that as well if you like :lol:) which I will run down the scrappy be a few quids worth there!

Under that was this big pile of wood I kept when we pulled the flat roof off the extension

KODC0168_zps92f2023b.jpg

I told you I horde stuff that may be useful so.......

We moved that to one side

KODC0169_zps16b98f42.jpg

Then we cut the timber up

KODC0170_zps92f1a487.jpg

made a frame, by this time we were dodging heavy rain showers

KODC0172_zps6d1060ad.jpg

But managed to get the base finished as the light went :thumbs:

KODC0175_zpsefeaf593.jpg

That is the base for ZeeAnnex lean too and will hopefully get finished tomorrow.

Massive shout out to Buster and of course Mrs Keyser for all the help today, still got plenty left to do tomorrow :)

Now to chill out watch some TV and have some food.

Have a pleasant evening all.