What to do when wax gets low?

Ekona

And no, I don't just mean run out and you need to buy a new pot :p

I've a small pot of Supernatural that I've had for a while now and it's done a good few applications, but it's now getting to the point where a quick dap of the pad isn't getting any product as it's all round the edges of the pot. Is there an easy way to solve this? My initial thought was to chuck it in the microwave for a few mins to melt it, and then let it reset at the bottom of the pot.

Is that genius, or an incredibly stupid idea? I'm sure it's one or the other! :lol:

Or do I just scrape it out with a knife and put it into a different container?

I wouldn't melt it myself, mainly because it's a hybrid wax. Most waxes require a specific cooling routine to get the correct texture and consistency too. Certainly don't microwave it, hot solvents in a confined space is likely to end badly!

A hot, dry spoon or knife should do the trick though. The best way would be when you next plan to use it, scrape it out and re-mould it with your hands using the excess on the car when you're done (thus no wastage).

Tight? Moi??!! Do I look frickin' Scottish to you lot! :lol: :lol:

Tbh I've never got this low on a pot before, I've still got half a pot of DJ Blue Velvet and Swissvax Zuffenhousen sitting around, but this is only a lickle pot of the DJSN. I reckon I've another two applications at least in there if I scrape it! :D

Tight? Moi??!! Do I look frickin' Scottish to you lot! :lol: :lol:

Tbh I've never got this low on a pot before, I've still got half a pot of DJ Blue Velvet and Swissvax Zuffenhousen sitting around, but this is only a lickle pot of the DJSN. I reckon I've another two applications at least in there if I scrape it! :D

Your no pretty enough to be Scottish!!

If its the hybrid SN wax/sealer then i wouldn't use heat. If it's just SN wax it should be ok. I wouldn't use the microwave though. I would place it in some hot water.

So, do I listen to the manufacturer or some randoms from the interweb?

Randoms it is! :D I'll do it this weekend and post the video up. YOLO etc.

Never heard the term YOLO used in relation to car wax, lmao

I think it's because after he heats it in the microwave he is using it to have a back, sack and crack wax... YOLO indeed....