Could a 300zx twin turbo engine go into a 350z?!?!!?!

heskiboy-350z

VG30DETT has strong internals and can do good power, but its physically quite large, difficult to cool and generally not favoured as a conversion. Much more likely is the JZ out of Supras and Soarers, LS series V8's or even an SR20 which is cheap, light and easy to take to 400+ hp :)

RB25's and moreso RB26's have a rep for being somewhat sensitive, and while turboing a VQ could be done, the cost of uprated internals, management, labour and all the other stuff would probably buy you 4 2JZ-GTE's already doing 450hp. Theres a reason all the drifty boys go JZ or LS ;)

Although the LS is a beast of an engine i cant help feeling that its sacrilege putting an american motor in a jap car. Ive heard the RB 26 has cooling problems but looks amazing in the engine bay of a zed

But the sound is epic!!

A friend of mine has an LS2 with a Procharger in an S14, its running about 670hp. Its useless in anything other than bone dry and needs to be doing about 60 to get traction but Ive never driven anything as batshit fast as this is, you physically dont have time to look at anything other than the rapidly approaching road. It sounds like a Nascar too, which is never a bad thing B)

Thats on 315 drag slicks but with standard suspension, you can hear it spinning through 3rd on the second run. Straight up, Id seriously consider whether you actually NEED a supercharger, its too much for the road IMO.

I'm guessing by the words at the bottom of the pic it's a 6.2 supercharged v8 ;)

haha just looked at the pic on the laptop and seen the writing :oops: .(looking on the iphone i just seen an engine and could barely make out the caddy badge) that would be awesome in a zed. would you need to wear a cowboy had and chaps tho? :tumbleweed:

I'm guessing by the words at the bottom of the pic it's a 6.2 supercharged v8 ;)

haha just looked at the pic on the laptop and seen the writing :oops: .(looking on the iphone i just seen an engine and could barely make out the caddy badge) that would be awesome in a zed. would you need to wear a cowboy had and chaps tho? :tumbleweed:

It should be epic but there could be potential handling issues with the increase of weight, and of course what if things don't go to plan. But with a years worth of saving I really hope this is a viable option.

The LS2 was previously my choice of lump, but for a lesser cost I could simply SC the Zed, although that's not an option I have as she's on 74k miles and not as sweat as she once was. Secondly I'm a petrol head and would soon get bored just being SC. So to forge the block plus run the risk of future issues I found through my research the LSA will give me all that I need in one go, no messing, no fuss, no need to forge its all there in one box.

In addition I've been out off by the compactness of the SC in the Zed, for me I'd just have a constant fear of issues and not be able to enjoy the car for what it is. Anyway I like to be different. In fact I may even have the engine powdercoated purple!!

well you better get the right shade of purple :lol: . why not give the block one of your polishes? it would look awesome but would probably take you 5 years and you would lose the operation of your hands and all sanity :lol: . it would be alot less hassel with the LS and give you more than enough grunt straight out the box, and if not you can always add some more boost! what sort of price would you be looking at for a second hand LSA? would you be trying to fit it yourself? i think there will be alot of work doing it but would be totally worth it and be a very rare setup :clap:

You can almost any engine in any car, it just depends on how much you are willing to spend. Anything is possible if your budget is big enough.

+1 on that.

@Chubby - I'd do whatever I can to the engine before it put in, but it doesn't just stop at an engine, transmission, ECU, cooling, clutch etc. So it would be a big and unique build.

Yes I've seen the Sikky kit, and as per my discussions with Lexx there's suitable source of parts and modifications from Monkfish in Milton Keynes. So there's some support and future mods possible.

The Monaro doesn't do it for me, the sound and performance is superb, but I don't want a 4 seater vehicle.

The LS swap for me just seems like a perfect idea, whilst being unique at the same time.

I actually found an advert for an LSA, but at £1,300 it just sounded FAR too good to be true, so I left it.

Luckily there's a GM importer in Cannock not far from me, although pricey can supply all that I need. Alternatively I could source from America, but for simplicity the Cannock outlet is likely to be my choice, unless I can find a CTS-V in the UK with all the necessary parts undamaged.

It should be epic but there could be potential handling issues with the increase of weight, and of course what if things don't go to plan. But with a years worth of saving I really hope this is a viable option.

The LS2 was previously my choice of lump, but for a lesser cost I could simply SC the Zed, although that's not an option I have as she's on 74k miles and not as sweat as she once was. Secondly I'm a petrol head and would soon get bored just being SC. So to forge the block plus run the risk of future issues I found through my research the LSA will give me all that I need in one go, no messing, no fuss, no need to forge its all there in one box.

In addition I've been out off by the compactness of the SC in the Zed, for me I'd just have a constant fear of issues and not be able to enjoy the car for what it is. Anyway I like to be different. In fact I may even have the engine powdercoated purple!!

1. How much is one of these blocks with all the ancillaries?

2. What can the stock internals on this block take in terms of power?

Edited by wizard