Could a 300zx twin turbo engine go into a 350z?!?!!?!

heskiboy-350z

You're looking at around £10k then installation and tuning.

Stick block couldn't tell you, it's not something I've wanted to investigate, as the LSA comes the numbers I'd want to achieve so I've no need to find out really.

I guess having a gander on the LS forums in America would answer that one.

I keep looking at the LS1/2 or LSA :cloud9: options and I still can't justify it to myself - and I'm mad.

Your looking at around £10k for 550HP on an SC LSx block you still have the agro of the gauges as they won't convert to the CAN on the american ECU so Syvecs would be an option add £1500 ????

However you can get the same power out of a VQ for the same money - I will grant you that torque would be better with the V8 and it's a V8 sound not a V6.

So I'm still not convinced its worth the effort - love to see one done or help someone do it but I'm not there yet, If you lived in the states and you can source the parts from a crashed shell at $5000 - now I can see the point.

Just my thoughts :)

What about the LS 400's 4.0 liter 1UZ-FE? Such a strong engine, very light and high tunable with very strong internals, good for 450hp+, plus £500 will get you the engine easily and there are plenty of mods out there for it.

I'm planning on putting one in a Toyota supra, took the beast out last weekend

02022013714_zpsc97ab484.jpg

What about the LS 400's 4.0 liter 1UZ-FE? Such a strong engine, very light and high tunable with very strong internals, good for 450hp+, plus £500 will get you the engine easily and there are plenty of mods out there for it.

Ive known a couple of these going into 200SX's, the first was a major disappointment, the guy had swapped out a 350hp SR20 for the UZ and after much pain, money and time ended up with a 290hp car thats only saving grace was that it sounded nicer. The other one was a budget conversion which the guy is happy with but again it took a lot longer than expected.

If you want to do a V8 conversion on the cheap, the BMW M62 is definitely worth a look as well, there are some awesome drift cars running pretty much standard M62/S62's :)

Stick block couldn't tell you, it's not something I've wanted to investigate, as the LSA comes the numbers I'd want to achieve so I've no need to find out really.

If you decide to go down this route, please do make a build thread, I'd be interested to see it.

Was flirting with the idea yesterday, but after spending over £20k in mods and repairs on my car, I think it's time I stopped and got a life! LOL

If you decide to go down this route, please do make a build thread, I'd be interested to see it.

Was flirting with the idea yesterday, but after spending over £20k in mods and repairs on my car, I think it's time I stopped and got a life! LOL

Do you think with a project like this it would be kept secret, no way Jose!!

I'd be taking more pictures than Clown on a bad day :lol:

Given with a worked VG engine you can get some very healthy figures out of one, why would you want to put a different engine into Z32? Easy 500rwkw's or bhp speak 800rwbhp ish. Can also find another 80bhp with a worked VQ35DE engine, without a turbo! Yes, it can be done.

A Z32 with a VG held the production speed record for aaaages, heres a pretty boring vid:

The reason they get swapped out is that they can have cooling issues and are a bitch to work in in a Z32 bay, would probably be even worse in a Z33 :)

That's the one of the major reasons I do t want to modify the VQ, after seeing how close parts are to the pulleys and things it just worries me. I'm not saying its a major issue, but for me it just puts limitations on things and worry.

Cooling will be compromised, yes you take steps to increase cooling, but for me its a bit more hassle to contend with.

Okay so an LS won't be free of issues but everything is on tap out the box. I don't have to worry about a built engine not being done correctly, cooling issues etc.

It's also different which for me is what I want to achieve.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of years ago either Japanese Performance or Banzai featured a ZX300TT engine mounted in an S14, it looked like a bit of a tight fit and i think he had to fabricate a couple of engine mounts, I'll have to dig it out and see what issue it was in. I'm sure Ken Scudder of the SXOC has fitted an LS2 into his S14 also. Apex in Bradford have started selling them specifically for mounting in the S14.