Need a bit of help deciding..

Kit-Kat

Hi everyone, now I need a bit of help deciding on this 350z i've been pondering about for a few weeks. I did intially have an offer accepted on it but for some reason thought better of it in the end, wasn't sure if I was paying too much. The car in question is a black 53 plate 350z, 59k full Nissan history, UK car GT pack, tan coloured interior, japspeed K1, all HPI clear, body work looks fine couple of light scratches but nothing out the ordianary. The not so good bits are low rear tyres (was going to replace with FK452), needs new brake pads on the front, only 1 key and the thing that's doing my head in is it has had paint on the passenger rear quarter. The price is £5500 firm (exactly how much I have) was up for 6k, what do you guys think of this? I've checked the boot and inside the door and the Nissan stickers are still present but it just bugs me! Am I being to picky for the price?? Clutch did feel a little high as well but not sure if it was just because I have been driving the Golf,

Thanks

Adam

I take it rear quarter has been painted badly ? Was car accident damaged ?

Clutch tends to ride high on zeds but may be on way out, was it slipping.on test ? Clutch on my first zed was replaced at 29,000 but on current one is still going strong at 46,000.

If the car is not a cat C/D price sounds about right but if it don't feel right walk away.

Tbh you are searching at bottom end of market and maybe you are being a bit picky but its a buyer's market at the moment so you can afford to be. At the money you are spending might be best looking for a JDM, you will get more bang for your buck.

Right i'm assuming somehow you can tell the passenger rear quarter has been resprayed? If it's a good job then there is no problem. Because of the RWD and that panel being metal, once you get a stone chip it'll rust and bubble if not treated quick enough, I need that panel sprayed on mine for example, along with some other bits.

So, what i'm trying to say is, there are other reasons why it may have been resprayed other than an accident. On the other hand, might have been a carpark ding. If the panel is in good shape and original, then I don't see a problem and the price appears good to me, especially if the Alezan seats are in good shape because they tend to wear easier than black.

I don't know why it has been painted, asked the owner who's had it nearly 5 years and he says he hasn't happened in his possesion. The paint is just badly orange peely but alot more than the original, it's not on the register it's all clear on the check. Here is the only pic I have of that quarter. Don't want a JDM one so will just hold out and wait for a decent UK car

049_zps5809f06c-1_zps2487404c.jpg

Edited by Kit-Kat

I think your being too fussy mate. Decent price, decent mileage, good colour, UK car, not on the register. So its had some paint, you'll be hard pushed for your budget to find one that hasn't. If the tires and brakes were on parr I don't think it would be in your budget

If the damage was superficial, but not repaired well and otherwise the car is fine then for thsake of a few hundred quid to rectfy that problem..........

Sounds to me as though that you would be best off getting an informed opinion for that re-assurance on the car as a whole - whether that is an engineers report or maybe someone on here local to you who can give it the once over, might be the answer? Making sure the engine/transmission etc are all sound is more vital in terms of potential repair costs as you should appreciate a 350 is certainly not the cheapest car to run and repair.

Although the seller is saying he is not budging from £5.5 the paint repair (which he has acknowledged) + tyres could still be factors for price bargaining.

Thanks for the replies on this, you can see my dilemma with it! Maybe the paint isn't that bad but coming from owning a couple of show winning Golfs I can be a fussy. I suppose what one person expects to be a good job I deem not. Everything else seems very good, I suppose I answer my own question when I say if it didn't have the wing re-painted in the past the car would be up for a lot more than 6k in my eyes

Thanks

Adam

can you pm me the reg.... My mate used to have one suspiciously similar to this. Had been repaired but not marked as cat c/d. Lots of orange peel, panels didn't line up etc. He was very quick to part ex it. Even if it's not the same car, if it doesn't feel right, walk away. There are plenty of nice examples out there. With your budget it will probably be worth looking at jdm imports :teeth:

Sorry KitKat, i have a different view to most of the above it seems and some key words in your op:

"pondering about for a few weeks"

So presumably he hasnt had any other offers in those few weeks and to turn a sale down for the sake of £300 in this market is insanity imho, it doesnt really matter what the perceived value is its all down to what someone wants to pay or is willing to pay.

I have searched every day for two/three weeks (autotrader, pistonheads, ebay, gumtree etc etc), i watch adds come up for sale and sit there, ebay adds keep getting relisted, gumtree adds bumped, pistonheads with price reductions.

I will echo though if it doesnt feel right its not for you but i would almost bet the guy will be on the phone in another few weeks accepting your offer.

Sounds fine to me......it's a big car and the chances of catching that corner once in 10 years is pretty big! More than likely a cheap repair on a minor scrape- big accident and would probably have a proper job/ insurance repair on it ( or a larger area painted) I say to for it at 5.4 last offer ;)

Sorry KitKat, i have a different view to most of the above it seems and some key words in your op:

"pondering about for a few weeks"

So presumably he hasnt had any other offers in those few weeks and to turn a sale down for the sake of £300 in this market is insanity imho, it doesnt really matter what the perceived value is its all down to what someone wants to pay or is willing to pay.

I have searched every day for two/three weeks (autotrader, pistonheads, ebay, gumtree etc etc), i watch adds come up for sale and sit there, ebay adds keep getting relisted, gumtree adds bumped, pistonheads with price reductions.

I will echo though if it doesnt feel right its not for you but i would almost bet the guy will be on the phone in another few weeks accepting your offer.

The car isn't actually up for sale anywhere just heard through a friend who this guy shoots with about it. I would of bought it at 5200 but I have decided to hold out for another. I know that it would be niggling me so more saving it is for another black one

Thanks for your time

The car isn't actually up for sale anywhere

Apologies i wasnt aware of that. Still, £300 is neither here nor there when your presented with a cash buyer imho.

Good luck with a find, i am on the hunt too :)

No worries, I thought he would go for it but no. Annoying thing is (well not really!) I would have more money but our lass has just surprised me with a trip to Vegas last week for my 30th so trying to get a bit of spending cash together as well!

Good luck with your search mate!