Wheel nuts

smudgedon

The first set will fall apart as they're just aluminium.

The second ones are T6 and hold a strength of 300 MPa where as the duraluminum nuts I have are twice the strength.

Would I get either of those you listed, No.

Don't scrimp on what holds your wheels onto the hubs, you'll only regret it. You'll need to spend in excess of £100 for decent nuts.

• Like 1

The first set will fall apart as they're just aluminium.

The second ones are T6 and hold a strength of 300 MPa where as the duraluminum nuts I have are twice the strength.

Would I get either of those you listed, No.

Don't scrimp on what holds your wheels onto the hubs, you'll only regret it. You'll need to spend in excess of £100 for decent nuts.

That's the sort of info I was looking for, cheers Ian :thumbs:

What make nuts do you have wasso? Not many around that are 100+

I want gold ones but ideally locking ones which D1 don't do in looking just normal which makes we think little scrotes will just nick them

RAYS Duraluminum..... I got mine from Chilli Red in her sale, RRP I think was £95. A lot of the nuts on my350 seem to sell second hand in the £100 mark.

Seeing all the pictures and reviews on the warping etc really makes me question wether these nuts are actually worth buying regardless of the brand!

I've had mine on for about two years now. They've been on track, motorway, and about 30k miles. No problems.

2 things never I would never do when buying lugs.

Purchase ones from ebay at £10

Or but any from the outlet at Conlbrook who are notorious

for importing forgery's from Hong Kong.

I see he is now operating out of Reading as well.

The 6 month ban from ebay obviously wasn't enough!

smudge i think if youre going for purple wheels that black wheel nuts would look good

Might get the same colour as the new brake calipers....but I'm not saying anything more than that

Ooooo new calipers, nice. Would of thought you would go for d2s because of the purple, then again is it not too light a purple?