If someone abducted and molested your daughter......

HEADPHONES

I consider myself a sane and rational person. However, rape/murder my child and I can assure you I would be far from sane and rational.

Would I follow the script of Law Abiding Citizen? Probably not. Would I shell out a few grand to some unsavoury characters to take the knee caps off with a claw hammer, and whatever else they can come up with for a few quid more? Yes.

I'd happily do the time for it too.

• Like 1

I won't be decent any more, trust me! Would become the most savage person ever known on Earth! :lol: Do you have kids? :)

Nope, but don't need to to understand the emotions involved.

I've met you, you're a decent human being, not an utter psychopath. You probably would go mental at them and batter them with whatever you had to hand in the heat of the moment, but that's it. No way would you:

Stalk them for a week to learn their movements

Hatch a plan to kidnap them

Find a secluded place to take them to

Kidnap them

Tie them up securely

Keep them conscious

Pick a selection of tools with which to do nasty things (use your imagination here!)

Carry out the acts

Keep the suffering going for as long as possible

No chance, because you're not insane. That's a good thing mate, and I don't believe anyone on here would be capable of any of that either, regardless of posturing. Instant anger yes, but calculated revenge? Nope, not buying it,

Ive only got one son and trust me i could do the above!!

After all, the rest of my life would be hell anyway.

Edited by stuarty

The only time in my life when I got into a fight was when a random lad was (not sure what's the correct term in English) "hounding?" his dog against my 5yo sister. Poor girl was climbing a school fence scared as hell crying crazy and the dog was barking set by the lad and trying to catch her.

What follows is epic, he lost two teeth, had 16 stitches on his head and a broken arm. The worst part of it, I didn't realize I was doing that to him, nor did I ever do any full contact sport.

I think in desperate situations we are capable of more than what we think we are now, bad or good :)

Edited by octet

The only time in my life when I got into a fight was when a random lad was (not sure what's the correct term in English) "hounding?" his dog against my 5yo sister. Poor girl was climbing a school fence scared as hell crying crazy and the dog was barking set by the lad and trying to catch her.

What follows is epic, he lost two teeth, had 16 stitches on his head and a broken arm. The worst part of it, I didn't realize I was doing that to him, nor did I ever do any full contact sport.

I think in desperate situations we are capable of more than we think we are now, bad or good :)

Makes mental note to ensure there are no dogs around during the Wales weekend :teeth:;)

I think in desperate situations we are capable of more than we think we are now, bad or good :)

Yip totally agree, i been doing "contact sports" all my life and what ive always noticed is how aware thai boxers, boxers,TKD fighters etc are of bad situations. Ive walked away from loads of bad situations, where most folk would just feel totally threatened and kick off. I suppose when your training everyday against guys at the top of there game, you are used to the pressure and dont react the same way.

Ive got a rule in life and its as follows. Ive got a fence around my whole house and everything inside that fence, including people and pets belong to me, f#*ck with any of the contents inside that fence and you will be fighting, for sure. That also extends to contents away from home!

Apart from that folk can do what they want, as far as i'm concerned.

Makes mental note to ensure there are no dogs around during the Wales weekend :teeth:;)

or children !!

or children !!

Can't guarantee that bit Andy, we're all going :lol:

I don't have any kids but I'm afraid I can bring some personal experience to a story similar to this.

My grandad was murdered by a cocaine addict, who called at my grandparents house posing as a police officer.

After watching my mother and grandmother feature on the news in one if those media police news rooms, appealing for witnesses or anyone that knew anything, he, or rather 'it' was eventually caught. I also got to hold my grandad's hand as they switched the life support off. He was my hero.

I could not bring myself to any of his court appearances or trial, as although I'm by no means a violent man, I really did not know how I would handle seeing that animal in the flesh, or what my actions would be if we made eye contact. So I stayed away and stayed sane for my mum.

But would I have liked 5 minutes alone with him in a locked room? Oh yes. They could had what ever was left.

It is now serving 26 life sentences for the crimes he committed. His name is Andrew Aston if you're interested. My grandad is George Dale. RIP.

Edited by 14N

I'm not a fan os this revenge BS. I don't have kids, I do have a kid sister that im overly protective of and I think I agree that in the heat of the moment someone might get a slap.

Pre-meditated revenge / torture is just a waste. A waste of time. Im pro death sentance for pre-meditated murder, pre-meditated rape and all rape <13. Prove beyond doubt and a bullet to the head and be done with it. It's a log ical approach in my opinion.

Restorative justice doesn't work.

I deal with enough people with 50+ or 100+ arrests on a daily basis to be SURE that offenders rarely truly reform.

(apologies for spelling grammer - post nightshift!)

I don't have any kids but I'm afraid I can bring some personal experience to a story similar to this.

My grandad was murdered by a cocaine addict, who called at my grandparents house posing as a police officer.

After watching my mother and grandmother feature on the news in one if those media police news rooms, appealing for witnesses or anyone that knew anything, he, or rather 'it' was eventually caught. I also got to hold my grandad's hand as they switched the life support off. He was my hero.

I could not bring myself to any of his court appearances or trial, as although I'm by no means a violent man, I really did not know how I would handle seeing that animal in the flesh, or what my actions would be if we made eye contact. So I stayed away and stayed sane for my mum.

But would I have liked 5 minutes alone with him in a locked room? Oh yes. They could had what ever was left.

It is now serving 26 life sentences for the crimes he committed. His name is Andrew Aston if you're interested. My grandad is George Dale. RIP.

Your a credit to your family dude, stay strong!

• Like 1

I'm not a fan os this revenge BS. I don't have kids, I do have a kid sister that im overly protective of and I think I agree that in the heat of the moment someone might get a slap.

Pre-meditated revenge / torture is just a waste. A waste of time. Im pro death sentance for pre-meditated murder, pre-meditated rape and all rape <13. Prove beyond doubt and a bullet to the head and be done with it. It's a log ical approach in my opinion.

Restorative justice doesn't work.

I deal with enough people with 50+ or 100+ arrests on a daily basis to be SURE that offenders rarely truly reform.

(apologies for spelling grammer - post nightshift!)

Love the avatar! :lol:

Why under 13 only?

My missus 'looks after' rapists, child molesters, murderers etc every night at work I know I couldn't do her job, she has to know everything about what they have done and what they are capable of which must be the worst bit...

She even 'looked after' the BabyP suspects and told me a LOT more than was ever reported in the press :surrender:

I don't have (or want) kids but if somebody seriously harmed my loved ones (including our pets) I'd probably quite happily do them in and worry about the consequences later! Objectively though, there's no proof that the death penalty deters serious criminality and some would argue that one innocent death due to crap defence lawyers, police corruption etc (there have been a lot more in the USA) is too many. Another problem is that in countries which have the death penalty it tends to be the most vulnerable people in society who are disproportionately affected by it. It seems like an obvious solution to horrible crimes, but the reality is a lot more complicated.