Decats sound terrible

wanted

Ive just had my Japspeed decats fitted with a Cobra Y pipe and the rasp is horrible. I left the standard backbox on to avoid this but it hasn't worked.

So after a wasted day, a waste of money on the decats and a MASSIVE labour bill that i should have known better and sorted the price of first, i'm p111sed off :rant: with myself, the car and the amount of money i've paid out :(

Anyone have any suggestions to get rid of the rasp, or do i just put the cats back on.

I Lose interest i cars easily and this might be it for the zed, i hate chucking money away.

If I can't get rid of the rasp without taking them off then if anyone wants the decats cheap let me know, that sound is not for me.

Edited by wanted

Is the title long enough?!

As for the rasp any cat delete product will give you a certain amount. Silenced decats or HFC's would have been a better choice!

Mate if this day gets any worse i think i'll crack. I've sorted the title :lol:

I've never had this on any other car, the sound is far too raspy. I think they have to go

Massive labour bill :shrug: shouldn't have been more than £50-£75 surely...

£192!!!!!

Jeeez just to fit decats and a Ypipe :scare:

I really hope they used plenty of lube you must be walking like John Wayne :surrender:

My HFCs give a slight rasp but only at 4kish and my pop charger kicks in then ;)

Edited by spursmaddave

Is the title long enough?!

As for the rasp any cat delete product will give you a certain amount. Silenced decats or HFC's would have been a better choice!

Mate if this day gets any worse i think i'll crack. I've sorted the title :lol:

I've never had this on any other car, the sound is far too raspy. I think they have to go

Try changing the decats for silenced ones. That would be a lot better :)

Then hopefully you will get the love back! Chin up and have a beer!

Massive labour bill :shrug: shouldn't have been more than £50-£75 surely...

£192!!!!!

Jeeez just to fit decats and a Ypipe :scare:

I really hope they used plenty of lube you must be walking like John Wayne :surrender:

My HFCs give a slight rasp but only at 4kish and my pop charger kicks in then ;)

Tell me about it, but i have to take the blame for getting it done without getting a price, I could have just gone somewhere else, that's why i'm p111sed off with myself

i quite liked the rasp. to be honest when i got the silenced decats they didnt make much of a difference to the unsilenced ones. cant believe thats what they charged you. Did they take the engine out to do it? :lol: :lol:

After speaking with them they have just offered me a £92 refund!, which in my book goes a long way. They didn't have to as the labour price is the labour price, it's down to me to make the decision wether to have it done or not. So that has at least gone towards me feeling not so bad about the whole day.

i quite liked the rasp. to be honest when i got the silenced decats they didnt make much of a difference to the unsilenced ones. cant believe thats what they charged you. Did they take the engine out to do it? :lol: :lol:

After speaking with them they have just offered me a £92 refund!, which in my book goes a long way. They didn't have to as the labour price is the labour price, it's down to me to make the decision wether to have it done or not. So that has at least gone towards me feeling not so bad about the whole day.

thats good of them, they must know thats a ridiculous price for fitting two decats

You're surprised Japspeed stuff sounds bad?

Again, another reason i should have known better, but i didn't think a small pipe would be much different between brands

neither did i until both pipes snapped in two after 6 months :lol: Edited by The Chubby Ninja

Chalk it up to experience, at least you didn't spend £800 on an exhaust on a whim without checking with anyone on the forum, then fit it an realise it is one of the loudest you can get :headhurt:

3 months later I spent another £800 on a quieter one, sold the old one and my ears thanked me :console:

:lol: what did you buy smd? was it a buddyclub?

Chalk it up to experience, at least you didn't spend £800 on an exhaust on a whim without checking with anyone on the forum, then fit it an realise it is one of the loudest you can get :headhurt:

3 months later I spent another £800 on a quieter one, sold the old one and my ears thanked me :console:

:lol: what did you buy smd? was it a buddyclub?

Yes, I remember being so excited when it arrived, I unpacked it and though where do there rocket launchers go :blush:

i was gonna say ive got aps decats and very little rasp sounds great maybe its the crapspeed

I hope so, i'll soon see tomorrow if it's those or the y pipe when i put the cats back on

thats good of them, they must know thats a ridiculous price for fitting two decats

You're surprised Japspeed stuff sounds bad?

Again, another reason i should have known better, but i didn't think a small pipe would be much different between brands

neither did i until both pipes snapped in two after 6 months :lol:

Bloody hell :scare:

i remember when i got my japspeed k1, when i fired up the engine for the first time there was instant regret, all the excitement just drained from me as i thought it sounded awful. luckily after 6 weeks the k1 snapped in two at the middle silencer so after a few months of pestering japspeed i finally got my money back luckily enough and bought a cobra and never looked back. Safe to say ill not be buying japspeed again!!