whats the Best manifolds to buy for my JDM 350z 54plate

heskiboy-350z

Hi, I'm new on here so be nice and help me out please!!

I bought a remapped JDM 350z about 3weeks ago, its an absolute beast!!

But, it came with a japspeed K1 exhaust,

which sounds good when i go fast in town, Sounds @*!# when im going slow, and really sounds @*!# when im on the motorway!!!!

I'm toying with the idea to fit manifolds on my car with ether Decats already on the manifolds, or highflow cats.... also i'd up-rate the Y piece that go's to my K1 Catback, then id revert my backbox to its original 350z rear exhaust

Can anyone recommend a reasonable manifold set which isn't going to break the bank

ive found these on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310541715407?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

also these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/360592795645?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I want the power gains, but want a stock/ish sound out the rear

HELP IS NEEDED ASAP PLEASE.

You do not need to change the manifolds to run de-cats or HFC's.

If you do change the manifolds it's a PITA and the best option is to take the engine out, on an N/A Zed most don't think it is worth the effort of changing the manifolds - if you do, then go for something of a good quality and that has been tried before - Stillen would be my preferred option :thumbs:

Loads of advice on here about CAT's Zorsts etc have a read around the genral rule is buy cheap - buy twice :)

Edited by Keyser

I paid around £500 to get mine fitted about 4/5 years ago & that was at mates rates. Hes said that he will never fit another set with the engine in situ :lol:

Its all well and good them having a lifetime guarantee but will they cover the additional labour that you will need to pay when (which they will) crack ;)

Manifold are worth it except its a pain to fit like its been said before. I had mine installed in about 4hrs unlike the oft stated 6-8hrs. The truck we figured out was to removed the driver side coolant pipes in addition to the steering knuckle. It also help that there where 3 people at it.

The only mistake I made was not to get ceramic coated ones or heat wrap it. I've got a new pair which I planned to warp and swap when installing my SC and bits but will be prepared to sell it to divert the cash elsewhere.

:welcome:

The top ones are dc sports copies. They are rougher on the inside and welds aren't as nice but they might be ok. They might break though so it's a chance you have to take.

The bottom ones are long tube manifolds. They replace your cats with straight pipes making an mot silly hard as you will have to fit cats somewhere else in the system. The long ones always make the best power though.

You could spend the money on some quality HFC or Decats and a good quality cat back exhaust? There are some nice stockish, nice sounding exhausts available that will give some gains (after a re-map)

What are your other performance mods? Unless you've already done all the other NA mods, I would leave the manifolds.

My JDM came with stainless steel manifolds and it gives a nice rasp to the exhaust.

Im running Decats and a stock exhaust but Im pretty happy with the noise levels. If your planning on running decats, a K1 and a manifold change I think it will be probably too loud! Unless you stick some bungs in the K1???

With your current remap set up Id go for decats and a new y pipe, will improve the drive and sound of your zed.

I wanna kill my k1!!!! It's too loud, makes my car sound like a boy racers crappy corsa......

So what i wanna do is get manifolds, heat wrap them..... fit High flow cats, fit a new Y piece and then fit my standard back box onto the rear.

as for mods done so far, its got the K1 catback (bag of poo) and a rev up remap.

i want the stock sound with the power levels the same......

i might even get the plenum spacer kit done and another remap with dyno

Not sure how long your standard back box would last, they struggle to stay alive.

I've sold a fair few Stillen headers to the forced induction boys but wouldn't really recommend them otherwise, it's not the right bang for buck mod on the N/A zed.

Your best bet is a decat/HFC and a true dual or single exit exhaust. Might need another map though