OIl catch can...who?

taffyjason

wassos got a nice oil catch can setup. maybe send him a pm to find out some info

Wasso's is OK but the pipes have red connectors :yuck:

I would never copy his installation exactly and improve on it by using GREEN connectors - no would never happen even if Wasso PM'd me a link to a guy selling one in the states! :blush:

I had my fingers crossed when I typed this

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

Right now I get what the PM was about :lol:

If you want a ARC Catch can seek and search my350 or G35. Alternatively you can look on RHD Japan.

They're not cheap, but the Octet I think is using is the one Bennett researched.

Here is his link http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/58175-oil-catch-can-tested-and-proven/

It's a far cheaper alternative and does what it says on the tin.

Right now I get what the PM was about :lol:

If you want a ARC Catch can seek and search my350 or G35. Alternatively you can look on RHD Japan.

They're not cheap, but the Octet I think is using is the one Bennett researched.

Here is his link http://www.350z-uk.c...ted-and-proven/

It's a far cheaper alternative and does what it says on the tin.

Yeah its the same as GT4Zed's one just an updated version.

I think the rear hose that connects to the intake pipe for the engine is 15mm and the one on the other cam cover is a 9mm hose?(could be wrong haven't measured properly) but the fitting sizes for the catch can is 6,8,10,15mm so I chose the 10 and 15mm ones.

I would love an ARC but don't fancy they cost involved. :scare:

Yeah the cost is pretty naff but they look great in my book.

Jason - read up on the link I posted and all will be revealed. If you don't want an ARC or any other for bling factor then get on the link instead. A few members have them and all rate them.

I can't believe Wasso did not post a pic of his engine bay!!!!!!!!

I see Mr G did not miss the opportunity for some pic whoring though!

So Nor will I - An ARC Catch can with the best colour connectors -

DSCF3130_zps91a8dc93.jpg

:p

love the look of these. sorry to butt in but while I can figure out that they catch oil hence the name. exactly why do you need them? what over flow of oil is it? excuse my ignorance.

You won't learn if you don't ask :thumbs:

It "catches" the oil in the vapour that accumulates in the Cam covers - these usually vent back to the intake so the oil vapour gets run through the engine and burnt off before being expelled through the zorst, downside is the oil can mess up your intakes, the catch can has a baffle in it and is placed in the line the vapour hits said baffle and the oil drips into the bottom of the can to be disposed of later.

If that's not enough They look B)