OIl catch can...who?

taffyjason

I've just ordered one from eBay with 10mm fittings. How much hose will I need for each side?

Also, if you like the look of the braided hoses, but can't justify the price for Earls, is there anything stopping you from using some braided hose like this:

$(KGrHqN,!rcE88g9dOHYBPk13Dw1ZQ~~60_12.JPG

with some coloured jubilee clips like this:

$(KGrHqMOKooE32-(S)1-BO!6N9Vpd!~~_12.JPG

Obviously, the quality will not be the same as Earls, but as long as the hose has the correct temp and pressure ratings, is there anything technically preventing using these for the coolant hoses etc. too?

No, there is nothing to stop you using the dummy braided lines and fittings. They will be fine.

Exactly what I used and they are fine :thumbs:

• 1 year later...

Currently getting a bespoke baffled 1 Litre oil catch can made by obp motorsport that I've designed according to the requirements of the Z and the restrictions of the engine bay layout. The silicone hoses and silicone cap offs for plenum and intake (15mm and 10mm bore) are ordered from AutoSiliconeHoses and a 28mm tall K&N breather from Demon Tweeks.

I figure for MOT inspection or for a vacuum source if required, I can remove the breather and run another 10mm hose back to the inlet plenum.

I'll update again after the bits and bobs have arrived.

Edited by cyberfella