OIl catch can...who?

taffyjason

Earls Hoses is your answer.

I'm going to be putting an order in if you're interested.

any updates on the these?

Payco has recently placed an order for ends and piping just for the ARC catch can and it was around the £140 mark, so going full braid on coolant as well I can't see being cheap. For instance you're looking at £22-30 per mtr. Then around £8-10 per end.

My Earls hoses arrived today to fit to my NEW Arc V2 Oil Catch Can. The 3 hoses including ends delivered cost £142 as per Wasso's last post. Nice bit of kit. Cant believe the can and hoses have cost around £420 all in but it will look very nice when fitted and rare as a 100% meat burger from Tescos.

hmmmm too much outlay at the moment, my lovely ali polished catch can has come with garden hose look-alike hoses... :(

Just get yourself to your local motor factor and get some standard black internally braided hose for £couple. Job done.

IMAG0222_zps92a8307c.jpg

I've just ordered one from eBay with 10mm fittings. How much hose will I need for each side?

Also, if you like the look of the braided hoses, but can't justify the price for Earls, is there anything stopping you from using some braided hose like this:

$(KGrHqN,!rcE88g9dOHYBPk13Dw1ZQ~~60_12.JPG

with some coloured jubilee clips like this:

$(KGrHqMOKooE32-(S)1-BO!6N9Vpd!~~_12.JPG

Obviously, the quality will not be the same as Earls, but as long as the hose has the correct temp and pressure ratings, is there anything technically preventing using these for the coolant hoses etc. too?

Not done it yet, but will post details in the next week or so. I think you could do a small catch can with braided hose and those ends for under £30, which I don't think is too bad and should look nicer than some plain back rubber.

I've just ordered one from eBay with 10mm fittings. How much hose will I need for each side?

Also, if you like the look of the braided hoses, but can't justify the price for Earls, is there anything stopping you from using some braided hose like this:

$(KGrHqN,!rcE88g9dOHYBPk13Dw1ZQ~~60_12.JPG

with some coloured jubilee clips like this:

$(KGrHqMOKooE32-(S)1-BO!6N9Vpd!~~_12.JPG

Obviously, the quality will not be the same as Earls, but as long as the hose has the correct temp and pressure ratings, is there anything technically preventing using these for the coolant hoses etc. too?

No, there is nothing to stop you using the dummy braided lines and fittings. They will be fine.

I have now ordered my hose and clips, so as promised here are the links:

1m of 10mm Stainless Steel Braided Hosed (£10.95 delivered):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290674700108?var=590056179193&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

4 x Hose Finishers - 17mm (£16.91 delivered):

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Torques-U-K/AN-8-15mm-and-17-mm-/_i.html?_fsub=1060568012&_sid=81447352&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Total cost: £27.86

I'll post some pics when I've fitted. If the quality is OK, then I'm seriously considering doing my coolant hoses too!

I have now ordered my hose and clips, so as promised here are the links:

1m of 10mm Stainless Steel Braided Hosed (£10.95 delivered):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290674700108?var=590056179193&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

4 x Hose Finishers - 17mm (£16.91 delivered):

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Torques-U-K/AN-8-15mm-and-17-mm-/_i.html?_fsub=1060568012&_sid=81447352&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Total cost: £27.86

I'll post some pics when I've fitted. If the quality is OK, then I'm seriously considering doing my coolant hoses too!

Just be very careful about what these hoses can or cannot do. I'm not saying they're going to be pants, but just keep an eye on them.

Will do Ian, these are claimed to be good up to 15bar and 120C. That should be OK shouldn't it?

Sounds good enough. Still keep an eye on them as they seem a very good price if you know what I mean.

Got mine fitted this weekend:

IMAGE_E2995719-61C9-4EAF-9FE1-2BA7B49160F2.JPG

IMAGE_D136F207-58A7-4491-A7E3-98FD296E62E8.JPG

IMAGE_08D6DA01-3071-4B85-AA8E-795D2C492AA9.JPG

I used ASH wire reinforced silicone hoses in the end and the same red finishers from eBay, plus I couldn't resist spraying the tops to match the rest of the bay.

http://www.autosilic...15-colours.html

Took her on a long run at the weekend and checked the cans this morning. The driver's side is completely clear, but the passenger side has picked up loads:

IMAGE_DB2BCBF0-7FFF-4312-B4AD-B0D9831AA92B.JPG

Do you guys think this is normal for a NA car or a sign of a problem?

Edited by TheMacDaddy