Fitted Parking Sensors Front and Rear

stu1986

Hi all,

A few of your have asked pictures of my parking sesnors once they are all fitted so here you are, I peronsally think they look very OEM thye are probably about the size of a 5p, and completey flush with the bumpers which was the intention :)

some people will say why but I have a extremly narrow drive and as I was getting my bumpers smoothed anyway kinda made sense to do it

Comments welcome

DSC05115_zpsc4404034.jpg

DSC05118_zpsfab4f5af.jpg

DSC05120_zpsc2e403ee.jpg

DSC05112_zpsb3041e79.jpg

This is the front LED sensors the rear is in the headlining which can be seen through the rear view mirror

DSC05129_zpse7a7b07e.jpg

Edited by stu1986

not sure why you think you would be critised - its best IMHO to have all the tools available to help you :)

I've got a reversing camera and think thats ace, but the only thing I think would be useful for me would be front sensors - you look like a handy bloke to know................... :thumbs:

The kit for front and rear was about £450,

Then you have fitting and spraying the sensors in the bumpers

On top of that you will have fitting of the wiring unless your handy with electrically, tbh it's not rocket science.

All I paid labour wise was fitting the sensors and spraying as I didn't fancy drilling holes in the bumper myself lol

Very nice, like you say pretty much top of the range at £1k but a very professional job and looks OEM.

I wouldn't worry about the usual knobs who say if you need sensors or cameras you can't drive/park as it only takes one distraction or not seeing something in the dark and it could easily cost you £1k for damage :surrender:

My next plan is to fit a reversing camera, but as I don't have Premium connect could be interesting, I want premium connect so u have iPod compatibility etc but I don't think it's a straight swap of units :(,

Does anyone on here have Premium connect who is able to remove there unit and take a photo of the plugs on the back? Need to see if they are the same fitment :(

Cheers mate, like I said the £1k included fitted and spraying the sensors, removing front and rear badges, he also colour coded my engine cover and also sprayed my bonnet inside and out (had loads of stone chips so thought I might as well get these done)

Very nice, like you say pretty much top of the range at £1k but a very professional job and looks OEM.

I wouldn't worry about the usual knobs who say if you need sensors or cameras you can't drive/park as it only takes one distraction or not seeing something in the dark and it could easily cost you £1k for damage :surrender: