Stage NINE Zeditus - 08 June 2014 (Small Updates)

KyleR

Stage EIGHT!!!!

This was a very quick, easy and painless mod but very a effective one.

I've been drooling over the Chargespeed Bottomline skirts for a while now, but at about £800+ after shipping and taxes, it was either going to have to wait until everything smaller/cheaper was done to the car, or I win the lotto. So, when Tarmac announced his side diffusers and that they'd also be available in carbon fiber, I just had to have them. They do look a bit different form the CS ones, but they are about 1/3rd of the price.

So after a few months of trial and error to get the weave right and the quality spot on, Chris sent me over this little package.

IMG_1009.jpg

Which opened up into this

IMG_1010.jpg

We all know what they look like by now, so here's a couple of pictures of the weave

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

The weave is very good, indeed, I'm very impressed :thumbs:

I set about fitting them as per the guide which is pretty easy to follow, I would however suggest you mark up the places to drill as described, drill the middle one and test fit, then adjust that hole with a rounded file if required and then you can adjust where to drill the remaining holes if required. I fully drilled both sides before going to fit, the drivers side slipped on like a glove, the passenger side however needed a few adjustments with the file to fit correctly and I feel if i'd have offered it up with just the middle hole drilled, I could have adjusted the other holes before drilling. It doesn't really make any difference to the structure or strength of the diffusers if you have to file them, it's just a bit of hassle.

Anyway, they got fitted in an hour or so and I am very very happy with how things look. I was a bit worried that having skirts/diffusers before a front bumper or lip would look a bit off, kind of like a Zed with the Nismo spoiler and nothing else. But it actually looks spot on, makes the car look a bit chunkier and of course lower :thumbs: I'm currently around 85mm from tarmac to the skirts, so speed bumps are definitely a no go area for me :p

Right, that's enough of my waffling on, here are the finished pictures. I've emailed the first 4 over to Tarmac and hopefully he will be using them on his site soon :D:thumbs:

DSC06182.jpg

DSC06185.jpg

DSC06131.jpg

_DSC0149.jpg

DSC06179.jpg

DSC06146.jpg

Well, there ya have it, the exterior mods have begun! I already have a spoiler to fit once I get the front end sorted. So the next update regarding body parts should be a pretty big one with all 3 remaining parts being fitted. :D

• Like 2

I've already got the fiber glass ones but I think il be getting some of these by Christmas, I've been waiting a while for these to come out. Now the Audi needs about £700 worth of work doing :( how much were they please?

Edited by Pete87

cars looking awesome mate, I'm amazed at your rear fitment without coilovers! engine bay is looking pretty too.

Thanks Reeco :thumbs: I got half lucky with being a cheapskate buying second hand cheap K-sports. They have a lower drop on the rear than the eibachs, but the near side is a few mm lower than offside and the fronts are flaking and rusting after only having them 6 months. So coilovers are most certainly high on the list!

• 2 months later...

Hey mate, I sold them a good few months ago when I got my hands on OEM ones for a great price. But, up until I sold them they were working perfectly, just didn't look quite as good as the real deal, but still much better than the originals.

Stage NINE!!

Finally after months of waiting for this to come available, it arrived a few weeks ago and I got it booked in to be fitted ASAP. Got it back yesterday, looked pretty good despite the shop telling me the fit was pretty awful, but I'm happy with it and it's a big improvement on standard.

I took a few quick snaps when I got it home :)

BFF14C20-1593-4847-8D26-4C918BB64F6B.jpg

I love the aggressiveness of it, especially with the lines and badge recess filled it. It's a real shame I have to fit a number plate to it :(

There are a few companies about who make brackets that fit to the towing eye, so i'll either buy one of those or get one made up, at least I can remove it easily for shows etc.

BF178E29-F54A-449B-95A5-E18F9CCA5690.jpg

I also had the Zspeed under tray fitted at the she time which I got from Tarmac :thumbs: But unfortunately the underside of the bumper is about 15mm too short, so the leading edge is held on with cable ties. Nothing wrong the the tray, it's perfect, it's just a @*!# bumper :lol:

New belts were fitted at the same time FOC and had the 2 wings sprayed also. Altogether for the fitting of the bumper, spraying it and the wings, fitting the under tray, belts and new smoked side indicator lenses came the paltry sum of £450. ABSOLUTE BARGAIN IMO!

I had them leave the Z badges off the wings for the time being, not sure what I'm doing there yet. Might fit them again, or try something different :shrug:

I'll get a few more pictures tomorrow, but for now this is the last one…

1C09DC36-D2B6-4263-AFD6-42432ED7102E.jpg

Very happy :)