Stage NINE Zeditus - 08 June 2014 (Small Updates)

KyleR

Stage one has officially set in!

Side effects? New matt bronze Rota Grids courtesy of Mitz at Cougar Store. Excellent service as always mate. :thumbs:

IMG_0744.jpg

Front 19x9.5

IMG_0745.jpg

Rear 19x10.5

IMG_0747.jpg

Tyres are arriving with the fitter tomorrow hopefully and should have them on for Saturday.

Any recommendations to treat them with to aid cleaning/reduce the amount of brake dust/dirt that builds up?

Kyle

Edited by KyleR
  • Like 1

Side effects will include wondering why there isn't enough cash in your account to fund your next purchase :):snack:

Another side effect being, going mad trying to decide if it's best to go Nismo kit style or something more unique!

Ride height will be driving me nuts too, need to sort out some springs or coilovers in the near future before thinking too much about lips and bumpers.

Like the idea of the orange nuts on a black zed. Not too keen on the orange lip idea though.

It might be a little marmite, but don't know until I try it, the nuts might be enough. Anyway that won't be getting done until the kit is fitted and painted with a few matching orange accents. We'll see what I end up with, it's just an idea at the moment, nuts are 100%.

Side effects will include wondering why there isn't enough cash in your account to fund your next purchase :):snack:

Another side effect being, going mad trying to decide if it's best to go Nismo kit style or something more unique!

Ride height will be driving me nuts too, need to sort out some springs or coilovers in the near future before thinking too much about lips and bumpers.

Go unique, really don't understand the hype about the Nismo kit

NURSE!!! We have another confirmed case :lol:

what brand of tyres are you going for? i'll be interested to see as my fronts - 245/35 Toyo T1-R's are pretty stretched and make kerbing a wheel so easy :scare:

Kumho KU39's have cone recommended to me so I'm gonna play Guinea pig and give them a go. They're supposed to be a bit better in the wet than the fk453 falkens and on par in the dry and for a bit cheaper too. I think the trade off is tyre wear, might only get about 12-15k outta them, but for me that's 3 years...

Very nice,

...and I thought I'd hit stage one by getting a stubby and some new badges

The stubby is pretty mandatory, it's like the common cold of zeditus :-L

Very nice B):thumbs:

You could try vinyl wheel rim tape in orange first, to see what it looks like and whether you like it or not. Easily removed if it's :thumbdown:

Readily available on eBay for a few quid.

Very nice B):thumbs:

You could try vinyl wheel rim tape in orange first, to see what it looks like and whether you like it or not. Easily removed if it's :thumbdown:

Readily available on eBay for a few quid.

That's a good idea, I wonder if they do long enough ones for 19s. I'll have a look when I get home or on my break :thumbs:

That's a good idea, I wonder if they do long enough ones for 19s. I'll have a look when I get home or on my break :thumbs:

I've bought a few before (for my motorbikes). They basically come in 4 quarters, with enough vinyl to over lap a little. So for example, you'll just need enough to do 2 motorcycle wheels, which will be 16 pieces in total.

Something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORANGE-UNIVERSAL-CAR-MOTORBIKE-WHEEL-RIM-TAPE-VINYL-STICKER-VW-SUBARU-SUZUKI-/221126725625?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=520110831122&hash=item337c2e0ff9

Edited by 14N

I've bought a few before (for my motorbikes). They basically come in 4 quarters, with enough vinyl to over lap a little. So for example, you'll just need enough to do 2 motorcycle wheels, which will be 16 pieces in total.

Something like this: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item337c2e0ff9

Are they easy to fit or easier to eff up? I was thinking of the ones you buy like a roll of tape and are attached to a little guide reel to ensure you fit uniform all round. I'll definitely be giving it a go and i'll let yas see.