Berk HFC's with Milltek - convince me :)

downhuman

Hey guys

Since getting the Milltek I'm happy how quiet it is ... but I'm maybe thinking it is too quiet - even that the stock sound may've been louder and more burbly?

I've heard good things about the Berks with this setup - what effect does it have on the sound? Much louder or simply change the note?

Anyone gone HFC's and regretted it?

Cheers

Rob

No, love mine, if you want a listen let me know, I'm only in Dorking :)

I also found my Miltek too quiet and (without hearing it...) took Graham's comments and had Abbey fit Berks HFCs.

Absolutely NO regrets at all. Not only does it give a great sound but importantly it is a sound volume and tone that you can live with. At idle it ihints at what might be under the bonnet, when "on it" it is very purposeful, yet on cruise or part throttle it is extremely civilised.

Of course once Mark at Abbey works his magic post HFC fitting by a good dyno setup you then also get a definite improvement in the response of the engine too.

David

I really like the Milltek with the HFCs but I wanted a tad more so I decided to have a JWT Pop Charger as well. This gives you noise when you want it and quiet when you don't. I don't give a damn about a little bit of heat soak - in percentage terms it makes sod all difference. I love induction noise.

I really like the Milltek with the HFCs but I wanted a tad more so I decided to have a JWT Pop Charger as well. This gives you noise when you want it and quiet when you don't. I don't give a damn about a little bit of heat soak - in percentage terms it makes sod all difference. I love induction noise.

Now I wonder where the idea for that combo came from :lol:

DE and HR cars sound totally different I am afraid.

You need to listen to a HR fitted with those parts , I think I have HR with those parts coming in tomorrow for a GTM Supercharger kit to be fitted, if you quick I am sure you can come and listen to it before it gets stripped.

Fantastic stuff, Is this GTM number 5 or 6 Mark?

Ok I give in ;) ...plus I'd like a passenger ride in the XF when you get it... pretty please :)