1/4 mile times

Gonzo88

Coming from a corolla I used to visit the pod a lot and never came across a zed there... Now I've got a bit of a thing going on with a mate with his corolla and just want to be sure I'm not going to get passed by a 1.8 lol.

What times have people got on a 1/4 mile?

Where there any mod or was it standard? Also was it a gt or the 280bhp?

Sorry for the questions just don't fancy getting beat by a Corolla otherwise ill never hear the end of it

GT makes no difference to bhp. Pre 06 = 276bhp, post 06 = 298bhp, post 07 = 309bhp. 0 - 60 are all around 6 sec, latest version just under. Early ones just over. Weight of about 1.6 tonnes. Do a bhp per tonne comparison with the hatchback. It will all come down to the launch. If your new to rwd, it takes more skill than fwd.

I got 14.1 last year at Pod. That's with the 276bhp model (has the most torque out of them all ;) )

I had a celica t sport and got 14.7 so it is quicker but not by as much as you think.

1/2 mile it would be a lot quicker but the quarter isn't long enough for it to stretch its feet!

I got 14.1 last year at Pod. That's with the 276bhp model (has the most torque out of them all ;) )

I had a celica t sport and got 14.7 so it is quicker but not by as much as you think.

1/2 mile it would be a lot quicker but the quarter isn't long enough for it to stretch its feet!

Thanks for that looking through videos on YouTube 14 seems about right so I'm quite happy.

What did you have done to your Celica? SevenMotorsport?

Thanks for that looking through videos on YouTube 14 seems about right so I'm quite happy.

Had mainly breathing mods and stage 2 cams. Was going to get a rotrex from Seven but after pricing it up a new car seemed a better idea!

One is a shopping trolley that just happens to have a decent Yamaha engine in it, and yet Toyota didn't bother spending anything on tuning the suspension or steering. The other is a muscular GT car with a proper 6-pot up front and correct wheel drive. Scrabble wagon vs sporty coupe.

I couldn't care less if a CTS went past me, I'd still be a happier man. :)

• Like 1

One is a shopping trolley that just happens to have a decent Yamaha engine in it, and yet Toyota didn't bother spending anything on tuning the suspension or steering. The other is a muscular GT car with a proper 6-pot up front and correct wheel drive. Scrabble wagon vs sporty coupe.

What he said!

So your a fan of the Corolla then?! Haha

No doubt I would agree... I'm so happy to have a proper wheel drive car again and usually I would compare the two cars it just because I've owned one and got mates that still have them... Bring on the V6 :D

Celica must have had a fair bit done, my m8 has a T-Sport and its been up to Crail, your lookin around the 16sec region..

14.1's a good one for the Zed... I've seen in EVO they've got the 313 logged in their Evo knowledge, logged in bold writing amongst the rest (apparently meaning it has been tested and not just taken from manufacturers figures)... apparently they've managed 5.5 secs to 60...and 1/4 in 13secs dead! :scare: ...now thats pretty good. I know they prob had favouring conditions by the sounds of it but still... someone jumped in and did it. I'll post some Crail stuff up around april or so when they open back up after the winter period. Chocking for a cayman or boxster to be their...I wanna try it... lol :boxing:

Edited by AMT

Celica must have had a fair bit done, my m8 has a T-Sport and its been up to Crail, your lookin around the 16sec region..

14.1's a good one for the Zed... I've seen in EVO they've got the 313 logged in their Evo knowledge, logged in bold writing amongst the rest (apparently meaning it has been tested and not just taken from manufacturers figures)... apparently they've managed 5.5 secs to 60...and 1/4 in 13secs dead! :scare: ...now thats pretty good. I know they prob had favouring conditions by the sounds of it but still... someone jumped in and did it. I'll post some Crail stuff up around april or so when they open back up after the winter period. Chocking for a cayman or boxster to be their...I wanna try it... lol :boxing:

13 seconds! That's crazy good! Especially as the Z isn't the beat standing start car.

Celica was only running 10bhp more than standard but the cams help smooth out the power before the high lift cam kicked in.

I think I managed a low 16 second time in my Yaris T Sport, was your mate setting off in second ;)

13 seconds! That's crazy good! Especially as the Z isn't the best standing start car.

Celica was only running 10bhp more than standard but the cams help smooth out the power before the high lift cam kicked in.

I think I managed a low 16 second time in my Yaris T Sport, was your mate setting off in second ;)

Edited by 350Ad

I don't like Lee @ Se7en, purely cos he talked a bit of bull5hit when fitting my bros Rotrex, something about he had to service the compressor before fitting it, only for us to actually phone up Rotrex themselves and being told that the unit itself is non-serviceable sealed unit. Won't go any further into it cos it annoys me to the highest level and my bro told me not to post on Celica Club UK about it.

Watch out for a Turbo Charged Corolla going to Crail this year, and avoid it like the plague, its a 4WD Corolla running a 2zz Boost producing around 600bhp

I don't like Lee @ Se7en, purely cos he talked a bit of bull5hit when fitting my bros Rotrex, something about he had to service the compressor before fitting it, only for us to actually phone up Rotrex themselves and being told that the unit itself is non-serviceable sealed unit. Won't go any further into it cos it annoys me to the highest level and my bro told me not to post on Celica Club UK about it.

I'm sorry to hear about that, I have heard a few things in the past but like you say won't go any further.

I'm sorry to hear about that, I have heard a few things in the past but like you say won't go any further.

But it all turned out just fine, after getting the Rotrex (new one) installed by Se7en, my bro went to a different tuner than Lee suggested.

Long story short, my bro got a magazine feature in Japanese Performance :D

Watch out for a Turbo Charged Corolla going to Crail this year, and avoid it like the plague, its a 4WD Corolla running a 2zz Boost producing around 600bhp

Well we all know that now lol!

But it all turned out just fine, after getting the Rotrex (new one) installed by Se7en, my bro went to a different tuner than Lee suggested.

Long story short, my bro got a magazine feature in Japanese Performance :D

and now owns one hell of a celica! I also heard about the Lee story. Good on him for getting the kit togethger and all but its now become too much about the money and not about customer service.

Sorry for the off-topic comment! I also came from a celica to a 350, much better way to spend 5K plus!

• Like 1

.... Maybe hes just rubbish lol!

Yeah I've not for any particular reason done a standing start in my Z :lol: , but I do get the feeling it won't be the easiest thing off the line. I'll be nursing that clutch so easy off the line then hope the power deals with the rest lol. All in the name of fun anyway... unless its a boxster/cayman....then its hella war! :boxing:

I'm dubious of the 13 secs but apparently it was done lol, every time I see one its around 14odd secs, but there 276s, surely (despite the torque diff) the 313 can pull a little bit better....(he hopes). Well I'll find out in a few months lol