It's a tough market out there

The Seasider

I feel sorry for anybody who is desparate to sell their car at the moment.

I'd been getting a bit of grief from my wife after the arrival in quick succession of a RX8 40th Anniversary model and a WRX (just for winter - you understand!) on the drive, so I put my roadster up for sale on Pistonheads to show willing and in a month all I got was one enquiry by e-mail (that quickly evaporated) despite it being priced as the cheapest roadster not only on pistonheads but on autotrader too!

That is the worst response I have ever had on an advert even allowing for the fact that selling convertibles in winter is usually a bit trickier than when the sun is shining.

Aw, well - I tried - I'll just have to keep it :lol:

What are other people's experiences of selling vehicles at the moment?

Trying to sell mine desperately... actually considering putting it up for 7k... 1.5k below market value. I shall try avoid that where possible!

Note to self - Don't use an asset as bank account due to release of liquidity being difficult :D

Edited by ThriftyFifty

I had mine up for 6 months, eventually managed to get a trader to buy it last March as I moved country. only got 8K, which for an 07 GT was a bargain :surrender:

Had a few phone calls about it, but no one came to view :shrug:

Looking back, maybe I should have shipped it to Canada, as they go for $25K+ here

• Like 1

Trying to sell mine desperately... actually considering putting it up for 7k... 1.5k below market value. I shall try avoid that where possible!

Note to self - Don't use an asset as bank account due to release of liquidity being difficult :D

:lol: That's exactly what i do!

Mine was up at £7495 - there were only imports less than £7k when I checked.

I'm running the Z today and I'd obviously forgotten what it was like when I contemplated selling it, so I think I've resolved that I think I'm going to keep the Z and try and move the RX8 on.... before anything breaks on it.

Edited by The Seasider

I was shocked at price I managed to get mine for in the summer was expecting to pay around a grand more but seller had been trying to offload it for a while so basically cut his losses.

Different story with the car I sold actually made a wee bit on it :-)

In no desperate rush to sell mine, but there will be an ad going on here shortly. I dont use it, with having Lewis I wont be using it for some time, and its a waste of money insuring it each year. Ill put a full ad up soon, but Im not expecting a flood of offers given the current market.

The price of these cars is not that high, but cost of insuring and fueling them rules out a lot of people.

In no desperate rush to sell mine, but there will be an ad going on here shortly. I dont use it, with having Lewis I wont be using it for some time, and its a waste of money insuring it each year. Plus, building work hopefully starting shortly and wont have a garage for it. Ill put a full ad up soon, but Im not expecting a flood of offers given the current market.

The price of these cars is not that high, but cost of insuring and fueling them rules out a lot of people.

OMG Don't get me started on how daft some of the questions we got when we was selling our Z. The enquiries and offers given where so insultingly stupid.

Do people still think that by saying "cash offer" really makes a difference? Seriously? In this day and age?

• Like 2

Good time to buy though :thumbs:

Certainly is, wondering where the price of 370z's will be this time next year ?

Can see the older ones like 09's becoming very affordable, still wouldn't tempt me though...

I would of agreed with you a few months back, but have changed my mind recently. I will prob look to change cars in a year or so and think the 370 will be a strong contender

OMG Don't get me started on how daft some of the questions we got when we was selling our Z. The enquiries and offers given where so insultingly stupid.

Do people still think that by saying "cash offer" really makes a difference? Seriously? In this day and age?

That always made me laugh when selling car private what else would they be offering , sheep ?

Took me 3 months to sell my R34 & has taken me less than a week to sell a quarter of an R33 :)

Fixed that for you :thumbs:

;)

So much this, people think you will knock a few grand off if they bring cash :bangin:

If you really want to scare yourself - have a look on either 'Glasses' - great app for i-phone - or 'we buy any car'

If I am having a nice day, I like to bring myself back to earth by valuing one of my cars on either of these sites! :D

It is a great time to buy though - which is why I haven't been able to help myself and have a drive full of cars!