2006 350z owners BEWARE.

Zeds dead.

Just a little heads up. I own a 2006 registered 350z. Turns out that when i buy parts, they dont fit. (slightly different) Acording to Nissan this is because they store cars in a massive field or warehouse and when you buy it from new they tend to slap a 2006 number plate on it because its close to an 06 but really its a 2005. Yes i feel violated. Am i the only person this has happened to???? All my aftermarket parts are now rendered useless. Why would they do such a thing?

Wouldn't you be able to tell it was the 03-05 by the different interior and front bumper?

Most of the sad people on here could. :lol:

Not so easy for new zed people/owners.

+1 - unless the poor lad had done a significant amount of homework prior to buying its an easy mistake to make for a less experienced owner :shrug:

OP get your parts up in the for sale section and you shouldn't take too much of a hit :thumbs:

Wouldn't you be able to tell it was the 03-05 by the different interior and front bumper?

+1 - unless the poor lad had done a significant amount of homework prior to buying its an easy mistake to make for a less experienced owner :shrug:

OP get your parts up in the for sale section and you shouldn't take too much of a hit :thumbs:

Aye, mine is a Jan 2006 registered car that sat in a showroom for 13 months betore I bought it in Feb 2007. I hadn't researched anything really so had no idea what model it was (I was vaguely aware that there had been some changes in 2006 but that's all)

Pete

+1 hopefully you will be sorted.

I'm on a couple of forums due to different vehicles i/have own and top marks to the people on them.

They're on there because they know and love the vehicles they own and its not a secret circle, they're happy to share the knowledge they have.

I had a central locking problem with a T5 I have, solution from the forum- corroded wire under drivers seat! Who would've thunked!

I'm also on the splitscreen van club as this was what I had prior to my Zed. US import, flashing red indicators? No problem for the people on the forum to sort out.

Moral of the story? Just ask

Ok so you didn't think you'd have a problem getting the correct parts but from experience, don't trust people selling you parts, the experts are people that own the vehicles

• Like 1

Manufacturing year was 2003-2006 for the early ones. They didn't change till the later part of 2006. So did you think you has the newer 298bhp car. But its actually the 276bhp car you have. And your also paying the higher tax as it will be post April 06. These things happen and we learn from them, bonus is there are more parts available for the older cars than the newer ones.

Manufacturing year was 2003-2006 for the early ones. They didn't change till the later part of 2006. So did you think you has the newer 298bhp car. But its actually the 276bhp car you have. And your also paying the higher tax as it will be post April 06. These things happen and we learn from them, bonus is there are more parts available for the older cars than the newer ones.

And 2002 if it's Jap import, not UK new. :wink:

its defo a uk model, i pay the redonkaless tax of £475 a year. i know the the numberr plates are a different shape on the back for a jap import, any care to enlighten me on the noticable differences of pre 06 and after 06. i heard the headlights are different, i what way? what else is there i can look out for to ensure im ordering the correct parts in the future. thanks for the help.

There are several ways to tell the difference at a glance from the outside. Front bumper is the usual give away as the newer ones have 2 slats and a dimple at the bottom, older ones 3 slats and no dimple. Headlights on the pre 06 have an orange stripe down the side. Other external differences are that the 06 models have LED lights on the rear and 07 onwards have a bonnet bulge.

Most aftermarket parts will fit all models, the main exception being anything associated with the front bumper (ie lips, spoilers, grilles and reflectors). You will see rear LED's, bulge bonnets and occasionally the newer style headlights on older cars as these are popular upgrades but owners of older Zeds rarely change the front bumper to an 06 version, they are far more likely to buy an aftermarket one.

Pete

• Like 1