New Project

Ian

My new project arrived Monday. Huge thanks to the transporter driver for ditching the car at the end of my street and buggering off :thumbdown:

563703_10151571125249746_192241620_.jpg

Current plan is

1) Suspension & braking

2) Interior

3) Exterior

4) Engine & gearbox

Currently have 3 engines under consideration

Built RB26 - Easiest to get working & probably the cheapest option

VR38DETT - R35 engine, a very tempting option considering the price I've been quoted for it. Biggest worry is getting the R33 running gear to work with the R35 engine

LS3 - 6.2L V8 - nuff said :lol: although the same worry with the running gear (I blame Lee for this option :p )

I have also ordered a set of these to go on the front B) Should be with me Monday hopefully

alcon-advantage-extreme-front-2.jpg

Can I have first dibs on the wheels when you have to change them?

Like the brakes though :thumbs:

Just need something to make it have a reason to stop now :lol:

all in good time ;)

I'm considering turning it into a boat TBH, probably get more use out of it :surrender:

IF I get a dry day in the next 2 weeks then I can finally get at the suspension & see what parts are on there and what shiny stuff I need to buy :blush:

You know for certain that I'm gonna say put an LS engine it.

LS2 if you're happy with circa 400bhp and don't plan wanting massive power numbers (although you can still stick a TVS2000 s/c on it)

LS3 if you are going for big power numbers. They are infiniately more tunable than the early LS2. Though the cost is initially more.

Put either of them with a TR6060 gearbox and LS7 clutch.

Ok, I'll stop drooling now.

Edited by Lexx

Booo lol remember seeing one years ago going down the 60 near Strathclyde park, sooo nice lookin' was tidy too, no massive bumpers etc, good kit that suited. Never seen an R34 out though, they don't seem to be as 'loved' for some reason as the R33's.

Edited by AMT250

Excellent buddy! :)

I don't want to see anything under 700bhp on that 33

Prepare yourself now for dissappointment then :p

Driveability/response>>>>outright unuseable power

Rich - the plan is to go black, just a case of deciding on exact shade

see mine is a black grey at the moment, and I love it as when its clean the colour spectrum in the metal flake is amazing. I can recommend anthracite pearl from the jag colour range. or if you cant a purple tint try amaranth. its what's on my charge coolers. black in some lights purple in others. slot of the jag colours are great and I'd use on other makes of car just because o the quality of flake.