Is it me...

spursmaddave

Or is James Dyson perhaps the most patronising self righteous @@@@ around....

Yes your minted and you make overated, overpriced vacuum cleaners but let someone more charismatic do your adverts....

They are the apple of the vacuum world.

In fairness they do a little bit more than take what everyone else is doing and paint it white. However it does annoy me that they sell their products by raving about their super-advanced technology that for the most part anyone else could use as well. The others just don't because they're aiming for a price that doesn't exceed the average annual salary of the target market.

DB

Yes your minted and you make overated, overpriced vacuum cleaners but let someone more charismatic do your adverts....

In fairness they do a little bit more than take what everyone else is doing and paint it white. However it does annoy me that they sell their products by raving about their super-advanced technology that for the most part anyone else could use as well. The others just don't because they're aiming for a price that doesn't exceed the average annual salary of the target market.

DB

Hardly it not the dyson are good or bad its cool. Dyson's are the first hoover not to be put in a cupboard because its saying look I'm rich and cool.

DB

Hardly it not the dyson are good or bad its cool. Dyson's are the first hoover not to be put in a cupboard because its saying look I'm rich and cool.

:lol: I guess we see apple in two different lights then. I'll leave it at that so we can avoid yet another apple vs the rest of the world thread.

DB

DB

:lol: I guess we see apple in two different lights then. I'll leave it at that so we can avoid yet another apple vs the rest of the world thread.

DB

+1, but what I meant is that apple and dysons customers are usually rich, elitist and want to be cool like apples. I bet you the big apple fan boys will have dysons.

hate apple, love dyson :lol:

have to say tried others, and they clogged andf died. as for dyson it does the job well and is well built. we bought ours because it deals better with pet hair than any other we've tried.

as a side note i acutally like james dyson for alot of the work he's doing in education to boost interest in technology and design. i came very close to applying to a job when they were expanding their research centre about 24 months ago. i like the way he tackles problems and the way they do things.

i didn;t buy it becuase its the latest fashion, i bought it becuase it does a job. easy to maintain, easy to empty and clean. best suction with all the other functions included.

Since when is Dyson portrayed only for the rich, or to be seen used by the rich.

I've got one and I'm a poor bastard. Only got it because its cool... Darn that failed!! No seriously, bought it because they're very good and last well. One thing I would turn my nose up at is that stupid circular fan they made. I was at the gadget show a few years ago when they launched it. Spoke to the assistant at the stand and said how much, and he said something like £100. I said "you f&@% what!" And walked off. My mates said I was rude to him, in my defence he was trying to rob me.

Really £100 for a fan!! I'd rather stick my knob in the fridge, of course not at the same time as Ricey, that just wouldn't be cricket :lol:

Since when is Dyson portrayed only for the rich, or to be seen used by the rich.

I've got one and I'm a poor bastard. Only got it because its cool... Darn that failed!! No seriously, bought it because they're very good and last well. One thing I would turn my nose up at is that stupid circular fan they made. I was at the gadget show a few years ago when they launched it. Spoke to the assistant at the stand and said how much, and he said something like £100. I said "you f&@% what!" And walked off. My mates said I was rude to him, in my defence he was trying to rob me.

Really £100 for a fan!! I'd rather stick my knob in the fridge, of course not at the same time as Ricey, that just wouldn't be cricket :lol:

All the time. Thats the market they go for. There hoovers are a higher/upper price product and marketed that way. A dyson ball a few years ago was £300, thats alot for a hoover. Also I said usually. I have had 3 dysons and they haven't been great suction wise and have broken in just over a year and that includes there super duper ball root cyclone. Just in the same way google an apple try to whoo you with new tech dyson is exactly the same. The washing machine they made was about double the price of the best non dyson machine.

You kinda proved my point with your next paragraph look at the fan and the airblade. Silly expensive products that are cool. I personally think the airblade is a poor design for public toilets but they are cool. The public know what type of hand dryer the dyson one is.

Al

I'd rather stick my knob in the fridge, of course not at the same time as Ricey, that just wouldn't be cricket :lol:

I once did a face down naked snow angel..... but I digress...

We have a Dyson I don't have a problem with the product just the patronising adverts, I mean has James Dyson ever done the hoovering.... I don't think so`!!!

It is one domestic chore I actually like doing :blush:

Edited by spursmaddave

I'd rather stick my knob in the fridge, of course not at the same time as Ricey, that just wouldn't be cricket :lol:

I once did a face down naked snow angel..... but I digress...

We have a Dyson I don't have a problem with the product just the patronising adverts, I mean has James Dyson ever done the hoovering.... I don't think so`!!!

It is one domestic chore I actually like doing in my suspenders :blush:

Fixed that for you! :lol:

Edited by The Bounty Bar Kid

I don't like Dysons - they seem to pick up a load of dirt you can't see and none of the stuff you can.

I have been informed by her in charge that a Dyson is a prerequisite to getting a dog, so will be getting a Dyson in the New Year - she hinted at one before Christmas, but I can't help but feel that getting her a hoover for Christmas would see me in the bad books.

I don't like Dysons - they seem to pick up a load of dirt you can't see and none of the stuff you can.

I have been informed by her in charge that a Dyson is a prerequisite to getting a dog, so will be getting a Dyson in the New Year - she hinted at one before Christmas, but I can't help but feel that getting her a hoover for Christmas would see me in the bad books.

It's something she wants and practical what could go wrong :shrug:

It's something she wants and practical what could go wrong :shrug:

you say that but you should see the on going grief i get from my wife because i bought her pegs and a peg basket one year. and it wasn't even the cheap pegs either, it was really nice wooden ones. i even remember her saying oooo thats a nice cath kidston peg basket. which to me says "get it for me for christmas" how wrong i was. :lol:

ha - you guys have no idea how to please a woman ;) - lightweights !!

I've got her over the years - a wheel barrow (even put a pink bow on it - how thoughtful is that eh ?!!), and the best one methinks was a loo seat (she was so excited about this one that she even wanted me to fit it on xmas day - :scare::lol: )

ha - you guys have no idea how to please a woman ;) - lightweights !!

I've got her over the years - a wheel barrow (even put a pink bow on it - how thoughtful is that eh ?!!), and the best one methinks was a loo seat (she was so excited about this one that she even wanted me to fit it on xmas day - :scare::lol: )

Ahhhhh now I understand the 'accident' with the alloy......