recent z owner

Hi All

Im the proud owner of my first 350z. Im located in Birmingham. Just wondered if anyone can recommend local service/repair outfit(s) I can use.

Also any other useful suppliers etc which people have used ie tyres, exhausts etc

cheers

Jim

Thanks all for your welcomes :)

Have to say after just a few days Im loving the z - its a 2003 64000 miles, tiptronic box - Its an import but with UK bumpers and rectangular plates so looks like a UK car. It feels tight, comfortable, and quick. Ive previously owned a good few sports cars incl Celica GT4, Supra, TVR Chimaera, and a couple of Porsches so Im interested to see how I get along with the Z (especially when the weather is better! :)

The car is in pretty good shape but I did get a great deal on it as it has a couple of small issues to be addressed.

Most annoying is intermittent drivers window problem. But Ive dloaded the excellent looking Repair Procedure guide from (I think) SteveW on here, so will be giving that a go one dry afternoon soon I hope.

Also have the musty heater/aircon problem, have ordered an AIrCon bomb and will clean all vents and the intake with an anti bacterial product then let off the bomb for good measure.

Will then be looking to take it somewhere local for full service as it hasnt had one for around 9k, and since I just got it I want to have the oil etc changed for something decent just in case. Any thoughts on whether I should have a transmission service/replacement oil at this mileage.

It has "standard" 18" alloys, all 4 have a bit of kerbing. Wondering whether to have them reburbished or whether to just bite the bullet and get a set of Rays?

Im a bit old for "meets" in the sense that most "street" car gatherings have become! but I do have a classic mini which I use for track days and I do love going to anywhere with a good autojumble etc. So anything like this going on in the Z community would interest me :)

cheers

Jim

Edited by frenshy

Im a bit old for "meets" in the sense that most "street" car gatherings have become! but I do have a classic mini which I use for track days and I do love going to anywhere with a good autojumble etc. So anything like this going on in the Z community would interest me :)

Welcome to the forum. You might be wrong about the age, there's quite a number of older Zedders on the forum who actively attend meets. You should go along to one and find out for yourself.

Welcome to the forum. You might be wrong about the age, there's quite a number of older Zedders on the forum who actively attend meets. You should go along to one and find out for yourself.

Excellent :) - I will get myself along to a couple of events in the next few months.

. :welcome: and will look out for you. What colour? I live in Bournville and work near Dartmouth circus. Still don't spot that many around town.

In respect of tyres servicing etc., i find i cannot beat Selly Oak tyres for price, service etc. and have also had full wheel laser alignment done there.

Had my first P1 done at Colliers Acocks Green but not sure i would go back there again. The P3 was done by the garage adjacent to selly oak tyres with all the service items, fluids etc. purchased from zmanalex. I know a few guys have used a firm near Coleshill called zedworld i think, but thats the wrong side of town for me.

Enjoy the car and keep smiling :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all - Im not far from Selly Oak so thats a great tip I will pop along there and see them. Looked at the zedworld website but not much on there.

Due to the crappy weather i havent really got too personal with my z yet, hopefully its will be clear tomorrow or sunday so I can get the ramps out, get the wheels off, and have a good poke around. Im also going to try out the excellent looking window repair guide I dloaded from here.

Still have the musty aircon/heater smell, it is better since I tried an aircon bomb but still there. I sat it on the centre console between the seats and it seems to have sorted the top vents but still get the smell when using the bottom vents. Time to try another one for half release time in each footwell i reckon (gas mask ON lol)

Edited by frenshy

. :welcome: and will look out for you. What colour? I live in Bournville and work near Dartmouth circus. Still don't spot that many around town.

In respect of tyres servicing etc., i find i cannot beat Selly Oak tyres for price, service etc. and have also had full wheel laser alignment done there.

Had my first P1 done at Colliers Acocks Green but not sure i would go back there again. The P3 was done by the garage adjacent to selly oak tyres with all the service items, fluids etc. purchased from zmanalex. I know a few guys have used a firm near Coleshill called zedworld i think, but thats the wrong side of town for me.

Enjoy the car and keep smiling :D

Hi John

Silver colour, Im on Pershore Road, I see a silver z passing by some mornings along Pershore Rd on the way to town?

:)