Newbie in Essex

Hi been reading a bit on here and lurking around for a while but finally signed up.

Got my Z, 2 weeks ago good to be back in a Nissan after selling my pride and joy 200SX S14a a while ago.

Iv got a 70K JDM import that's standard, well for now anyway. I cant help but get the spanners out when i get a new car.

I have a couple of questions though:

I don't have tilting and folding mirrors that i thought was standard on JDMs could this be because it might have a UK mirror switch etc? There are no Japanese switches on the car. No real obv signs of an import except the square rear plate. Guess this was all done when it was imported?

Already fitted a decent head unit and have an exhaust to go on this weekend.

Looks like a friendly site im sure ill be sticking around.

Cheers

Dave

Not all Japs have the tilt and auto fold function mine doesn't the only way to fold the mirrors is the switch or using one of the kits available on the forums to install this function. As far as i am awar there is also no way to tell from looking at the switches if they are jap or uk spec the only way to tell i believe is if you passenger mirror can be one touch down from driver seat if it does then i believe that means jap switches as some people put jap switches in the uk cars to get this function i believe,

Welcome to the forum where in Essex are you based?