My Shiny new Zed - Pictures

Aliensurfer

So, picked up my Zed yesterday.. :D :D :D :D

Seems the previous owner didn't take his private plate with him, so the garage had to put it back on. I've got the old plates just in case I want to sell the PP, not sure I'd get much for it though.

IMG_1719.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

One question regarding the tyres. They were put on brand new by the garage before I picked it up, but as you (might) be able to see I have Nexen N6000 here on the front and N8000 on the rear. I know very little about tyres tbh. Are these ok for the winter months of my mainly Motorway driving or would you recommend something else? If so, what's the easiest way to cash in on these new tyres when getting anything else? (I also noticed the "Rotation" arrows on the tyres are facing backwards so it looks like they may have put them on the wrong sides, is that a problem?)

Few paint chips on the bonnet which I'll try and sort out as best I can and I need to get the little stubby radio antennae, but very happy with my purchase. So much so I walked out of the Petrol station expecting to see my Saab and saw this, thought "That's nice" then realised it was mine! :lol:

:surrender: If you are sure about the rotation arrows do not drive that anywhere other than your nearest tyre fitting place and do that carefully!!!

Nexen's, as far as I know are budget tyres and I can't comment on their ability as I've never had them, maybe someone else on here has :shrug: Also don't know enough about them to know if 6000 and 8000 are acceptable together, the golden rule is to have same make and type all round though.

I've just been outside and double checked. Both Front tyres have the rotation arrows facing the rear... :angry:

The garage will be getting an earfull on the phone very shortly

Found a place under a mile away who will swap them over for a tenner. The bill will be going to the garage i bought it from though

Edited by Aliensurfer

Congrats on your purchase - I was going to say as SteveW ^^^, simple case of swapping the wheels over, but a basic and potentially dangerous mistake by the supplying garage :bangin:

Nexen are bit of an unknown quantity on here - clearly a budget, and summer (meaning year round) tyre, but seems some are happy with them:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nexen/N6000.htm

Just be very wary that it will take a few hundred miles to wear off the release agent that comes new tryes and particularly at this time of year your right foot needs the lead removed to stay safe ;)

Easy to muck things up, eh ;):lol:

Nexens are on mine - just been fitted month before I bought it (September) by seller. The different numbers are due to the different profile sizes.

Are they good? Hmmm - they are ok but need to recognise they ARE a budget tyre so don't have ultimate grip. They get a bit better once run in and warmed up.

For "pootling" around they will be fine but if you intend to use the performance available they aren't suitable, ESPECIALLY if you turn the traction control off - they get a bit "lively" then!

I'll be changing to Michelin Pilot Sport soon - not cheap but then again no point in having a performance car and not being able to use it.

David