Yorkshire lass newbie

I usually just go out the door and it's found me loads of it all white an clean looking :lol:

Sorry can't be of any help here I have a 4x4 for snow and my Zed is barley drivable in the wet let alone snow :blush:

Welcome to the forum :wave:.

Zeds can be a bit of a pig in the snow as can many RWD vehicles. Although I've not driven the Zed in the snow that much it's nowhere near as bad as The Capri I had. A couple of sandbags in the boot will help though :).

Pete

With a bit of common sense I find the Z ok to drive all year round, not as good as Impreza's I've had, obviously, but better than other RWD cars I've owned, BMW, MR2 etc, you're right though it helps being a biker to read the roads, welcome btw :thumbs:

• Like 1

OK this snow thing I aren't bothered and managed to make it very day to work with a Polo GTI with ESP you couldn't turn off in all conditions and ungritted UK roads when I did 24-7 on call <awful to drive don't get one>.

I'm thinkin this might be a prove you can drive link :-)

He he.

On a really positive bike note I got a kick in the tail like a bike and I knew to fettle the throttle with ooh look what I could do.

Plus warm and don't have to freeze to death in leathers <even though they looked cool>

DD

Re snow/cold weather. A number of us have a set of spare wheels with winter tyres on (it's possible to get some types of OEM second hand wheels very cheaply - like the standard 18 non-Rays or the JDM 17s which I have). I find the winter tyres a significant improvement in very cold/damp/icy conditions. It also extends the life of your summer tyres. The only catch is the initial cost of buying the winter tyres and then picking the right time to change over. Not everyone thinks it's worth it but it might give you more confidence during the winter months.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the info folks. Plus the nice intro to a community of enthusiasts that seem smitten with their V6 kittens.

I got my <ahem no NCB> but 12 yrs otherwise insurance (keeping her van - ness so can't Transfer) through Admiral and comare that tall mammal site.

Ta everyone picking Zebedee up Sunday <means my gift quite apt I bought the loverly beasie for my 40th!!)

Best thing is its due to be sunny on Sunday wooooooooooooooooooo!

(OK i'm giddy)

:-)

DD.

I have 12 yrs NCB but most companies it isn't transferable <T4 2.5 tdi camber Van> . Best deal Admiral for me.

Anyway had my mechanic mate check the Zedness out and what a beautiful beastie. 12 months MOT to boot (negotiated know what I'm doing like ;) ). Plus lucky me that head unit has already been replaced and all the heated seats, roof, windows, heated rear window and streaming bluetooth and hands free work.

My Zed seemed like a compromise from an Elise. Now I think this is a huge amount of car for my cash. Plus with an Elise I couldn't have called myself a smitten V6 kitten.

Plus again thanks for your welcome everyone :-)

DD

congrats on getting the zed. where's the pics? :)

I wondered about the insurance because I was finding the same in that my ncd had to be split between the zed or my fiesta which I've kept. Admiral were best for me too. They even mirrored the ncd so my existing 8 years is on the zed and still on the fiesta as well.