Any Thoughts?????

Builder49

Hi guys, seems like ages since I've been on here, and now have to find my way around the new layout !!!

Once again looking for some impartial advise, and any information from anyone in the know.

I'm looking to pick up a decent 4/5 seater in the next few months. Obviously want to stick with something with a bit of power, and at the moment I'm looking seriously at 2 different vehicles.

First choice I'm considering is the Jaguar XF 4.2 supercharged........

Second choice is the Audi S5....

If anyone could help I'd be really grateful.

Cheers, Paul.

The xfr is a cracking car, can't really go to wrong with that choice. Other options would be the m5 and the merc equivalent. And if you like jap then the Lexus version thing can't remember its designation.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Keeping the Z as a weekend fun car, so budget will be limited to £20K.

I know with the Jag I can pick up a 2010 with about 30,000 miles or maybe do better than that even?

Not really looked into either, but a cursory glance shows a lot of nice toys on the Jag, but I'm not sure of it's reliabilty etc? The audi I'm sure might be more reliable and 'SAFE' as a purchase, but you seem to get a lot of early depreciation on the XF which means you get a hell of a lot of car for your money.

VXR8 is a lovely car, but want something a bit more refined and suitable for business, hence the XFR, but was hoping someone might have some inside knowledge or experience of this beast? Thought RT might be a good bet :)

from what i've seen build quality is much improved over the old ford days, there have been very good reviews about the new jags. i know chesterfield had an XF and so did his brother and had issues, but i think it was more to do with dealer service than just the car. as i think they both got a friday afternoon car.

general consensus from new owners is its a very good car.

Thanks for that. Might go for a test drive this coming weekend, could then put a little review up for anyone else interested.

Localish dealership has an 09 XFR for £17k, plus is offering test drives in a 62plate base spec diesel, the comparison could be quite interesting

Thanks for that. Might go for a test drive this coming weekend, could then put a little review up for anyone else interested.

Localish dealership has an 09 XFR for £17k, plus is offering test drives in a 62plate base spec diesel, the comparison could be quite interesting

£17K for a 3 year old XFR!! Thats amazing value/unbelievable depreciation (over 70%), they come loaded with toys too (unlike the german cars).

Edited by gangzoom

An XFR for £17k at a main dealer....you sure its an XFR and not the older SV8? That sounds ridiculous money, unless its been to the moon and back!