Slight judder on full lock in 1st gear

BigSlick

Hi,

Ive noticed a slight judder when moving forward slowly on full lock either right or left. Doesnt happen in reverse.

I thought it was the wheels skipping on surfance as my car park is a little stoney but I just noticed it coming home from work out of the car park.

Its very slight but its annoying... Car is just OOW from 19th September and the car came with 3 month warranty from the dealer in Essex.

So anyone have any ideas or should I just pop it into Nissan and ring the dealer I bought it from?

Reason im asking incase its something simple/small ive missed or can fix myself.

As I said its quite new (just OOW from Nissan) and just gone over 13k miles (12,300 roughly at time of purchase)

Thanks

Bri :)

Its normal on the 370's in colder wweather - particularly if you are using the Brigestones that have relatively hard sidewalls. :thumbs:

Unless it is still doing it when the tyres have warmed up, then it needs checking.

When turning the car on full lock from cold will make it feel as thow the tyres are slipping sideways across the surface (like a judder). To do with the geometry at the front of the 370's that is different from the 350's. When I first got my 370 (after two 350's) I was a bit taken aback but you soon forget about and if you change to softer sidewall tyres (as I have done) it all but elimates it. ;) .

• Like 1

Its normal on the 370's in colder wweather - particularly if you are using the Brigestones that have relatively hard sidewalls. :thumbs:

Unless it is still doing it when the tyres have warmed up, then it needs checking.

When turning the car on full lock from cold will make it feel as thow the tyres are slipping sideways across the surface (like a judder). To do with the geometry at the front of the 370's that is different from the 350's. When I first got my 370 (after two 350's) I was a bit taken aback but you soon forget about and if you change to softer sidewall tyres (as I have done) it all but elimates it. ;) .

Brilliant news Colin thanks for info. That takes the worry away now :thumbs:

Oh yes, and im running Bridgestones

• 1 month later...

I bought my 370z GT Auto last Saturday and noticed it judders in when I go forward or if it’s in reverse in the morning when I leave for work and again when I leave work. Make sense if it does it in the cold weather and I’m running Bridgestone's.

I have 2 years left on the warranty, should I take it back to the dealer?

Edited by Hutch

• 5 months later...