60 Spitfires found!!

Beavis

• 1 month later...

What a result!

Let's hope they find a Vulcan or two down there too :lol:

Whats Spock got to do with anything :shrug:

Hugh will be pleased

Yes I am pleased ... and I'm an acquaintance of the guy, he lives very close to me and I did some work for him on one of his houses a few years ago ... I think he made his money by inventing the tool that puts a wire twist seal on bags of farm produce ... he's a keen flyer out of Sandtoft as are a few of my good mates

• 1 month later...

Just been reading this in the saturday paper. The main backer is a Belarussian online gambling billionaire who has made $1M available for costs (presumably on for a nice return), and expert valuation puts the planes at at least £1.5M each if the condition lives up to the hype.

JCB are also providing a digger to help shift the 40 feet of mud on top of them too :lol:

Certainly will be amazing if it happens to be true, even if it were, pretty sure the Burma government will retain a air amount of then though...

On another Warbird subject, how's about the two brothers that have restored a Lancaster and are looking to get her back in the air. Can't beat the noise of those Merlin engines 100ft over your head when the BBMF give a private showing

Certainly will be amazing if it happens to be true, even if it were, pretty sure the Burma government will retain a air amount of then though...

i'm sure that i read somewhere that he has a deal with the burmese government that he gets to keep 30% of whatever is found

re the Lincs Lancaster you can have a ride in it (on the ground) might be a good location for a drive out.

Lincsavation.co.uk

The 'taxi' rides are to raise money to get it flying.

So if someone in that area was to organize a meet/photo shoot with them. It might help them raise money and maybe be a good bit of PR for them and us. :wink:

Wooooohaaa photos of zeds under the wings of a bomber B) sounds like a job for......................

Some of you know that mrs glrnet works for an English pottery company that still makes hand made pottery in England, she's just been loading samples into a suitcase for her trip to Canada on Monday and has just shown me their latest plaque, one of these is definitely going up on a wall in this house :) Not everyone's cup of tea I know but thought I would share anyway :)

PreparingtoScramble_zpsf1b78319.jpg

For those interested in vintage aircraft, the XH 558 thread on PH is trying to arrange a SS at Robin Hood ... get your name down ... first 100 applicants will probably be able to park their cars airside and get a photo with Vulcan

Edited by ATTAK Z

For those interested in vintage aircraft, the XH 558 thread on PH is trying to arrange a SS at Robin Hood ... get your name down ... first 100 applicants will probably be able to park their cars airside and get a photo with Vulcan

Just smashed my name down. I haven't been watching the thread recently. When's all this meant to be planned?

Just smashed my name down. I haven't been watching the thread recently. When's all this meant to be planned?

This year