oh cock...

sunshine

:bang: I could sit here and write a long story about what happened but i'm guessing most of you will get the idea just by looking at this...

IMG_0782_zpsa1f3ea78.jpg

IMG_0773_zps7cddc7fd.jpg

100% my fault, going far to quick into a soaking wet roundabout. Just glad no one else was involved. :boat:

Can't get the car off the ground to properly look at the damage, but from what I can see it looks like the wheel and lower control arm bush has took most the impact. Track rod looks bent, also possible damage to the banana arm but can't really see.

Managed to limp the car home, albeit with some difficulty turning left..

Took a few photo's (crap quality sorry)

IMG_0792_zpsd20d494b.jpg

IMG_0792_zpsd20d494b.jpg

IMG_0789_zpse6ba1fae.jpg

IMG_0787_zps4c819eb2.jpg

IMG_0785_zpsed87456c.jpg

IMG_0781_zpsd9a9f23e.jpg

What sort of cost am I looking at here? dare I ask.. :scare:

that doesn't look too bad, no panel damage so big saving on panel and paint costs etc.

complete set of rays can be had for about £400-£500

between £100 -£200 per part needed

i would say less than a grand to get that up and running. depends on who's doing the work. you or the garage. labour costs will be the biggest cost.

2nd hand parts will save you money, single rays could possibly be found for around £100

as crashes go i think you got off lightly.

I agree i'm very lucky to be fair it could have been much worse.

My biggest fear is I could have bent the subframe where the LCA bush bolts through but it looks like it could be okay. I'll jack it up tomorrow and remove the wheel to have a proper look.

I'm defiantly looking to find some used parts to repair it with, funds really mean this couldn't of happened at a worse time :thumbdown:

I agree i'm very lucky to be fair it could have been much worse.

My biggest fear is I could have bent the subframe where the LCA bush bolts through but it looks like it could be okay. I'll jack it up tomorrow and remove the wheel to have a proper look.

I'm defiantly looking to find some used parts to repair it with, funds really mean this couldn't of happened at a worse time :thumbdown:

I was just going to say, I did something similar on a different car, only looked minor damage (thinking wheel and lower arm) and it would have been but subframe was bent so ended up being a write off. fingers crossed

100% my fault, going far to quick into a soaking wet roundabout. Just glad no one else was involved. :boat:

Takes a real man to say that, well done. :)

You wouldn't believe the number of oil spills we see here! :lol::lol:;)

What sort of cost am I looking at here? dare I ask.. :scare:

:pmzmanalex::pmzmanalex: is the obvious answer. He's likely to have what you need in stock and you'll get some good advice too.

No point in speculating about anything until you get a good look underneath.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I managed to jack the car up after work and have a closer look;

92A8FCD6-F3DD-458C-81E3-BE1353F95C3C-5518-000004C1F61A45B7_zps7e9894d8.jpg

Seems like the subframe has got away with it. Lower control arm bush has seen better days though.

9EF00802-4DF0-4CFD-96AE-A50C6D6B9E11-5518-000004C1FAA879B7_zps37794ced.jpg?t=1350067613

The alloy is not actually as bad as I thought and may even be refurbishable, i'm no expert though.

Apart from that and the track rod I can't actually see any further damage. Suspension strut looks straight, balljoints seem intact, drop link looks ok. Although i'm sceptical about the compression (banana) arm being possibly bent, but I can't tell.

So best case scenario looks like:-

1x nearside lower control arm.

1x nearside trackrod

1x alloy wheel refurbish

1x wheel alignment

Going to start stripping it down tomorrow afternoon and fire a few PM's off to :pmzmanalex:

Sigh. :doh:

• 7 months later...

Quick update on this...

I finally pulled my thumb out over the last month and put a considerable amount of effort (and money) into repairing the zed and putting it back on the road.

Passed its mot yesterday with flying colours and feels great!

Getting full wheel alignment done next week and treating it to a full detail :D