New Purchase and dilema.

leonk

Now need to convince her indoors that we need two cars we hardly ever use :lol:

Always wanted one and preferably before I was too old to steer it without power steering ;) Oh and I know the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

I expect she "understands" by now :D DO IT, then buy a place in the South of France :cloud9::drive1

@Chris,

Live in the garage til she's talking to me again!

No, it does need some cosmetic work and a new hood so want to try and get those bits done over winter ready for next summer. Exhaust is blowing so good excuse to go to JP again after they did such a good job with the zed, for a stainless system. As I said the dilema is keeping the Zed or using the money to restore the E type. With 7k I would hopefully get for the Zed, I could get the E type perfect. Shame is, I haven't even put the LMGT4 refurbed wheels on yet. :blush: Seeing you the other day made the decision all the more difficult :lol:

Beautiful!

I have always loved the E Type.

Can we get LOTS more pictures please?

+100000000 :teeth:

If you cant convince the Mrs, you can always ship it to me... the steering wheel will be on the correct side then :stir:

Beautiful!

I have always loved the E Type.

Can we get LOTS more pictures please?

+100000000 :teeth:

If you cant convince the Mrs, you can always ship it to me... the steering wheel will be on the correct side then :stir:

Waiting for some sun!

Doogy, I'll bear that in mind :lol:

When it goes wrong , big wonga........I am with ur Mrs on this one, :boxing:

Great car in its day, best kept in a museum now though.

Cheers Zugara, she doesn't need any more encouragement. :lol:

10bhp less than the Zed, no fancy electronics, traction control, ecus, abs, etc what could possibly go wrong :headhurt::lol:

@Chris,

Live in the garage til she's talking to me again!

No, it does need some cosmetic work and a new hood so want to try and get those bits done over winter ready for next summer. Exhaust is blowing so good excuse to go to JP again after they did such a good job with the zed, for a stainless system. As I said the dilema is keeping the Zed or using the money to restore the E type. With 7k I would hopefully get for the Zed, I could get the E type perfect. Shame is, I haven't even put the LMGT4 refurbed wheels on yet. :blush: Seeing you the other day made the decision all the more difficult :lol:

Having seen the pics, i vote sell the zed, and that way there will only be one azure in Macc. :p

But seriously, tough decision... stick your LM's on for a few weeks before winter and make an effort to take the zed out. See if it helps you decide.

Definitely looking forward to more pics. :)

if you get the rust under control and the engine is serviced regularly you won;t have too many issues. like you say very little to go wrong on them.

also it might be worth looking at some of the conversion kits, you can bring the brakes up to modern standards by converting from drum to disc, makes the car alot safer. think there are also some suspension strut upgrades as well.

underside and boot area need a good rust check and or clean and seal.

am really impressed with how nice that looks. i think the soft tops are nicer.