What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

This is like confession.

My names Matt and I'm a zedaholic. Last week I fitted Berk HFC's, and this week a lightened flywheel and clutch. Next tuesday I shall be getting Uprevved. Please help me. :unsure:

I absolve you from your sins, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Nissan 350Z. Amen

441605-priest.jpg

:D

• Like 1

This is like confession.

My names Matt and I'm a zedaholic. Last week I fitted Berk HFC's, and this week a lightened flywheel and clutch. Next tuesday I shall be getting Uprevved. Please help me. :unsure:

Nurse, call the crash team, I think we're losing him

• Like 1

Well, I was supposed to be fitting my Buddy Club Type A gear knob. Had a struggle getting the OEM knob off and ended up mangling it!

The Buddy Club knob was 12x1.25 instead of 10x1.25....! I was knob-less....

Had to get the old lathe into life and turn down some ratty wooden pole:

2z3w60j.jpg

Could do with some varnish but I actually quite like the feel of it. Got some good leverage, making changes a little easier...

Correct size Buddy Club should arrive tomorrow...

• Like 2

^^ Kudos for ingenuity but it will be much better when you get the Buddy Club knob on. B)

Cheers dude.

I wanted to make one out of nylon but didn't have the right sized tap to match the shift thread. I drilled the wood a bit too small and let it cut it's own thread when screwing it on.

Quite like having a but more leverage with the Zed's "agricultural box, so I've ordered a 70mm extension to go on as well. Should look pretty sweet.

^^ Kudos for ingenuity but it will be much better when you get the Buddy Club knob on. B)

Cheers dude.

I wanted to make one out of nylon but didn't have the right sized tap to match the shift thread. I drilled the wood a bit too small and let it cut it's own thread when screwing it on.

Quite like having a but more leverage with the Zed's "agricultural box, so I've ordered a 70mm extension to go on as well. Should look pretty sweet.

Should look good. ;) Seen plenty of drifters with that sort of set up. B)
  • Like 1

Cheers dude.

Should look good. ;) Seen plenty of drifters with that sort of set up. B)

Someone say drift?! :lol:

• Like 1

Well, I was supposed to be fitting my Buddy Club Type A gear knob. Had a struggle getting the OEM knob off and ended up mangling it!

The Buddy Club knob was 12x1.25 instead of 10x1.25....! I was knob-less....

Had to get the old lathe into life and turn down some ratty wooden pole:

2z3w60j.jpg

Could do with some varnish but I actually quite like the feel of it. Got some good leverage, making changes a little easier...

Correct size Buddy Club should arrive tomorrow...

Careful you don't get splinters in the meantime :lol:

• Like 1

Ok so today I fitted my new alloys but not technically a mod so here's my mod of the day....

80_zps621430ad.jpg

I'm such a genius. :king::lol:

Basically with my new alloys the standard OEM wheel brace won't work so rather than have my nice shiny 4-way wheel brace just rattling around in the boot I decided to get modding, ....and voila one new brace holder. :D

• Like 3

Remap went well up at TDI North this morning on my 04 DE. Great midrange torque gains now the fuellings sorted and a peak of 305.8 BHP and 286.7 lbft.

The torque improvement from 2500 to 6250 RPM is great, with a 30 - 50 lbft hike in torque! :yahoo:

B)

I took my dash clocks out and changed all the LED's to blue and the ones in the centre console. I also move the shift light so that it changes the needle red when it comes on. Looks so good.

If anyone wants it done let me know, there are a few colours to choose from. Will post up pics once I've reset my needles :teeth:

• Like 2

I took my dash clocks out and changed all the LED's to blue and the ones in the centre console. I also move the shift light so that it changes the needle red when it comes on. Looks so good.

If anyone wants it done let me know, there are a few colours to choose from. Will post up pics once I've reset my needles :teeth:

Pics or vids :thumbs: