GT4 spotted for sale...anyone know if any good?

Diab2005

Can't quite put my finger on it but just not getting a good impression with that advert. For a start it doesn't have 312bhp (but lying about BHP seems to be some sort of unwritten rule in Zed adverts these days), and not a fan of the wrapped spoiler or the tacky-looking aftermarket shifter knob. Also it could be the photos but that doesn't look like ultra yellow to me (Edit: I can see I'm not the only one). Really not sure why you'd cover the gorgeous GT4 alloys in matte paint either unless you'd trashed them. Not saying don't go and look at it, because it's certainly priced about right, but I'd go in with your head screwed on because I just get the impression it might have had a hard life.

DB

Seems like a good price for a GT4 with those miles.

The ad states that the car has new Brembo brakes! Well the callipers are red (just painted? or rebuilt) and the discs look like the expensive DBA's (that's a plus) so could be another positive for the car. If the owner is an enthusiast (which I'd expect if DBA's have been fitted) then he'll know about the common issues such as cooling fan failure (which has been rectified according to the ad) and clutch line heat build up, banana bar bush replacement etc. Worth a look but well worth comparing it with others.....the gear knob can always be changed easily though ;)

The only issue is that its 120 miles from me. I agree with the paint it looks faded a bit or too light? The guy says he will do for 6k as needs new tyres? Does seem real cheap though for a gt4

If that's a genuine GT4 and everything checks out, it's got to be worth much more than £6K IMO

Calipers are not standard brembos and the disks look like dbas. Also running Michelin super sports so probably is well looked after. No photo of gt4 plaque which normally gets included in gt4 sale ads. Yellow does look pastey but could just be because of the matte black wheels. Which brings me to the question why do that to the gt4 alloys?!

I don't see what the issue is.

Matt black alloys are cool as everyone knows and they go really well with a yellow car (has no one ever seen a bumblebee the originally trend setter of black on yellow).

DBA's tell me that they have definitely cared for the car as do the alloys.

Forget the BHP......could even be remapped for all we know.

Well worth a look mate.