Fiat 500

Jay

Hey guys and gals, just a wee thread to see if anyone has had any experience with fiat 500's? My fiancee laura is thinking about purchasing one on thursday. We took one out for a test drive.... its the 2010 pop, start stop.... I have to say once your inside its a great wee car to drive but when I look at it from the outside its bloody awful :lol:

Anyway does anyone have one or know somebody that has one? Any tips or info would be great.

Cheers

Jay

Cheap and cheerful Mate. Just consider the suspension components as consumable items and you'll be fine!

I have heard that the suspension can be a bit dodgy on them. Its a 10 plate only done 9k and I have haggled it for 6.2k which I dont think is that bad.

The dampers can last as little as 3 years (ie the warranty!) if its driven in all conditions. At about £60 a pop it's not a disaster, and the dampings that basic anyway you probably wont even notice ones gone until your MOT tester tells you its leaking :lol:

Various bushes go too, usually its the lower arm ones - the bushes can't be replaced, so it's a new arm. A bit wasteful but none of its very expensive.

good littl echassi on them, very much a point and shoot car, i enjoyed driving one that was a courtesy car. only hing i would say is its typical italian gear box. gearbox is a bit loose doesn;t always engage reverse first time. but i;m sure when you get used to it you get the italian knack for it. only minor point i had as driver, not being a small person i struggled to get my feet on the pedals. i could heel and toe with one foot without trying :lol:

Hasn't Stew's missus got one?

I can't remember what it ws that I helped change the tyre on at LakeZ 2011.

Nope think Jayne has the punto. Rich, I had the same problem driving it mate...... but laura is only a wee thing so she will be fine :lol:

Yeah, Jayne has a Punto T-Jet. Nippy enough little thing.

She went to look at the 500 but it just didn't have the same amount of space in it. The Punto has much more space in the back and in the boot.

500s are still ace though, loads of fun! The Punto is better looking in my opinion though.

She went to look at the 500 but it just didn't have the same amount of space in it. The Punto has much more space in the back and in the boot.

500s are still ace though, loads of fun! The Punto is better looking in my opinion though.

+1 And there's more room for Jayne's scrummy cakes, Hoon memories :cloud9: nom nom :thumbs:

I have to admit there isnt loads of room in the back.. but still enough to fit me in the back and for it to be reasonably comfortable lol. But I do like the retro look of the 500. Laura has warned me not to plan any mods for it... but I think a nice set of abarth wheels would look cool :blush::lol: