Anyone else got a super smart partner?

Flex

My wife gained her PhD 5 yrs ago in something to do with nutrition. That's on top of a Ma on something else I don't understand.

She lectures for Durham University.

She is much smarter than this simple sailor.....until it comes to common sense!

My better half seems to have 'the smarts', she's just finishing her second masters degree. She does have a very interesting job meeting all sorts of interesting people, mainly about how people and things are being looked after and accounted for. Its a bit difficult to mention anything more though :ninja:

I feel your pain biscuit, my spelling, grammer and ahdn writing are on par with a 5 year old's. i get my girl friend to writing everything for me purely because mine is unreadable. But then i never need to write things that others need to read anyway so it's not a big problem.

I'd say me and my GF are equaly smart, although she does a LOT better academicly however if she's stuck on something i can in general figure it out, she's currently studying for a degree and working at Nissan as a project manager and corispondance type person with Japan, Holland and the US. She deffinatley knows more about the finer things in life, she's very well spoken and has excellent maners.

I'd say when it comes down to it we're very much opposites, she's good at english art and things like that but i'm good at maths and more practicle things. Geography however she is awefull with, and maths! christ! hahaha!

I earn a good amoutn but she is so much more motivated than me i can see her doing very well!

My missus is scholarly clever, but real world dumb. She can pass a degree with ease, but she has no idea what currency they use in the USA.

Despite having been there twice.

my now ex fiancé was very much the same, she has just passed her masters degree in early years learning and education but she doesnt even know how to use a yellow pages! :wacko:

My wife of 41 years is plenty smart enough to understand the detailed technicalities of washing machines, cookers, irons, etc and that will do me just fine.

Steve

That's the ultimate target for me. Mine is 34 so she's got a few more years to get to your wife's level. For the time being I am shadowing her on most things :lol:

But I am glad she is no where near as good as me academically, knowledge or common sense/street wise. She would have left me aaaaaaages now if it was the other way round :lol::lol:

My wife of 41 years is plenty smart enough to understand the detailed technicalities of washing machines, cookers, irons, etc and that will do me just fine.

Steve

That's the ultimate target for me. Mine is 34 so she's got a few more years to get to your wife's level. For the time being I am shadowing her on most things :lol:

But I am glad she is no where near as good as me academically, knowledge or common sense/street wise. She would have left me aaaaaaages now if it was the other way round :lol::lol:

This is true - she's gorgeous - you must be doing 'something' right ;):lol:

Sure Beavis can tell you all about that "something" too :lol:

Amanda and I are on about a par I would say. She tells me I'm more intelligent but I think thats just a ploy tbh. She is very clever and has a BSc and professional qualification to my BSc and MSc. She does think I should do a PhD though which I'm tempted by as a project, but have been out of academia a bit too long for it now I think to be relevant. We both definately have our blonde moments, mostly her, but I have my own too, and when I do she's very quick to point them out! :blush:;):lol:

Sure Beavis can tell you all about that "something" too :lol:

Amanda and I are on about a par I would say. She tells me I'm more intelligent but I think thats just a ploy tbh. She is very clever and has a BSc and professional qualification to my BSc and MSc. She does think I should do a PhD though which I'm tempted by as a project, but have been out of academia a bit too long for it now I think to be relevant. We both definately have our blonde moments, mostly her, but I have my own too, and when I do she's very quick to point them out! :blush:;):lol:

Phd as a project:scare:

I quite like to hypothesise about things, which quite suits academia and PhD. Much better than doing things, which work requires :lol:

I know quite a lot of people like that.

I'm sure you're an asset to your employer though :p