Long live the V6! New Jag F-type

brillomaster

Jag have just leaked the new F-Type, and it looks absolutely fantastic!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/new-jaguar-f-type-picture-leaked-2012-9-20

But even better than how it looks, is how it sounds! powered by a supercharged V6 or a supercharged V8, theres also a vid of a V6 version hooning the hillclimb at Goodwood.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/EXCLUSIVE-just-listen-to-the-new-Jag-F-TYPE-2012-07-10

Now have a listen, and tell me that isnt the best sounding car ever. I would never ever tire of that sound! :cloud9:

EDIT:

Just noticed the sound on overrun... :teeth:

read the comments on the video... just scrolled through 6 pages and found these gems:

"sounds like Gordon Ramsay (on fire) being shoved into a blender feet first"

"sounds like Steve McQueen wrangling an angry bobcat whilst operating a chainsaw"

"Sounds like Chewbaca midway through a bunjee jump" :lol:

quite like it, it will be interesting to see if the exhaust stays the same

Was thinking exactly that. An exhaust note that raw as standard would be rather un-Jaguar, no matter how absolutely godly it sounds. Although to look at it another way; what better way to shake off the last vestiges of 'pipe and slippers' that to come out with something that'll wake the neighbours?

DB

hmmm will be a crying shame if the production model has a muted exhaust. As a spiritual successor to the E-type and a proper sportscar, they do have some license to make it sound fruitier. After all, you can clearly hear notes of the old straight six, which sounded great.

Hopefully if they do mute it to mee noise regs, they'll at least put a trick butterfly valve in - quiet when you're cruising, but all hell breaks loose when you floor it. They should take a page from Capristo's book and have a valve thats fully programmable for engine revolutions and throttle opening- ie open all the time, open above a certain rpm, open above a certain throttle opening, or any combination of the two.

quite like it, it will be interesting to see if the exhaust stays the same

Was thinking exactly that. An exhaust note that raw as standard would be rather un-Jaguar, no matter how absolutely godly it sounds. Although to look at it another way; what better way to shake off the last vestiges of 'pipe and slippers' that to come out with something that'll wake the neighbours?

DB

Normally I'd agree and say that there's no way it'll sound like that, but given how noisy the 991 is with the sport exhaust on, I reckon it's just possible it may stay this way. :)

Jaaaag are pushing to attract younger buyers, so hopefully this car will deliver the goods. I like the emerging new Jag-brand, all of the new line up looks fresh. I've even been eyeing up XF SV8's :ninja: