Christmas Mince Pies FFS!!

Beavis

should be national law that anything christmas based is banned till november the 1st. i would say december the 1st but i understand businesses like to start advertising early and people like to buy early.

but November is the earliest it should ever be.

if i was in charge it would be mid december :lol:

This really does my head in, what ever happened to the twelve days of Christmas? Should start on Christmas eve if you ask me.... :bangin:

the other half absolutely loves Christmas and is already building up to it... gets quite unbearable come December time so last night I was looking at Caribbean holidays in December. Surprisingly she loved the idea until I told her I was looking at a 17 night one which would get us back early hours of Decemebr 27th :lol:

But that will do for me, bit of winter sun doing very little other than drinking, swimming and reading... she can stay at home if she wants

Personally I think it feel like Christmas early November. By december it's just too much plus there is an expectation that it has to be good which I think spoils it. Not just that everyone is grumpy around that time as they have had it stuffed down their throat for the last 3months.

Mmmm christmas should start early November... at the moment, all the xmas stuff goes out in october, then you live with it for 6 weeks, but then get massively depressed when you then realise xmas is still 6 weeks away :surrender:

If they're gonna have mince pies on sale in Mid september, they might as well just stock them all year round. Clearly the only people who would buy them this early would buy them all year round if they were available.

If you think about it in a very practical term, both manufactures, middle men, and retailers would have to store said Xmas items until the last few days (or late manufacture, but then many things can go wrong and may not arrive in time for Xmas), storage is expensive, and if you leave it too late, you are stuck with excess stock. :blink: Anyone that's run a business or two knows how this goes.