iPhone 5

Adrian@TORQEN

well if your into your design you'll know that apples chief designer was a big dieter rams fan

braun-apple.jpg

Theres quite a few more Braun designs which look extraordinarily like Apple designs listed here....

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-br ... 012-9?op=1

There is a reason for that and its called 'good design'. The old Braun stuff was pretty much timeless and the restraint that apple shows in their design is clever, if not groundbreaking. This minimal style dates back to the Bauhaus movement, if anyone's bothered :lol:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Why has it evolved into Apple vs Android, when really the Android folks should be arguing over which handset is better comparing the One X, S3 etc? Surely that's a fairer comparison, and far easier to do subjectively? :shrug:

Because this is the interweb and you are not able to have a subjective comparison in the interweb, its the law dont you know :p

Safari is much, much quicker. And Siri is actually helpful now, unlike how it used to be. Panoramic photos are epic, too!

Question: Why has it evolved into Apple vs Android, when really the Android folks should be arguing over which handset is better comparing the One X, S3 etc? Surely that's a fairer comparison, and far easier to do subjectively? :shrug:

thats easy

the S3 is the better on tech and battery, but the one X has a better feel, more metal less plastic.

i have the one X and if the S3 had been free as well i probably would have gone for that as its expandable where as the one x isnt

Safari is much, much quicker. And Siri is actually helpful now, unlike how it used to be. Panoramic photos are epic, too!

Have you downloaded ios6 Dan, if so onto what? pad, pod or phone?

Just to my 4S for now, by the time I tried putting it on the iPad2 last night the servers were being hammered.

I still think the maps are sh*t, but as an overall improvement to the OS it's not bad. I think the use of Siri will become more important as I start understanding what it can actually do now, rather than just use it to set alarms.

Just to my 4S for now, by the time I tried putting it on the iPad2 last night the servers were being hammered.

I still think the maps are sh*t, but as an overall improvement to the OS it's not bad. I think the use of Siri will become more important as I start understanding what it can actually do now, rather than just use it to set alarms.

Thanks, I haven't downloaded yet, the map thing is really bugging me but I guess I can just use Google Maps when I need it :shrug: Seems a bit of an error by Apple to me :wacko:

I don't use the Maps that much, but when I do I use them more for the actual sat view (so you can see where specific roads and buildings are) rather than as a direction tool (which I have the TT app for). It's frustrating, but as a whole I would say that the update is worth getting.

Come on read the posts and tell me they aren't fan boys from either side.

IOS6 running on A4 devices has been jailbroken. I'm still running 5.01 so I don't know of I should upgrade.

shame people have to jail break a phone to get it to do what you want; if its so good why does it need doing? does it just not turn it in to an apple shaped android phone?

No lol? Does modding your car turn it into a Ferrari? Do you understand what jailbreaking lets you do?

So many haters, also I dont pay £5 extra a month for my iphone sim its £10 a month.

no idea? its why i asked?

i'm guessing it removes the restrictions apple puts on the phone to do things their way, but what exactly that is i have no idea :shrug:

not hating, more intrigued.

Not saying you but other people in here are like I hate apple fan boys, fan boys suck yet are massive driod boys :yawn:

Its to make it more customizable and installous. ;)

Just because someone dislikes what apple stands for and it's attractaction to the general populace doesn't mean they are a fanboy of any particular brand. I can't stand the apple brand and am currently weighing up whether to go for an Samsung S3 or HTC One X. It just so happens that Android is the only viable alternative :shrug:

Have you tried using in safari maps.google.co.uk? Nearly as good as the App I'd guess?...

I thought that's what I said :)

What? After all this time on the forum you haven't realised that most people don't actually read the posts?

:lol: Fair point well made :wacko:

It wouldn't be an Apple launch without the now traditional PR disaster :stir:

Irish Minister for Justice Alan Shatter issued a statement saying he was concerned that a 35-acre garden and farm called Airfield in his district had been mislabeled with an airport icon

tumblr_manirsH2xh1rhptwbo1_1280_gallery_post.jpeg

tumblr_mandq6PFIJ1rhptwbo1_1280_gallery_post.jpeg

photo_3_gallery_post.pngIMG_0526_gallery_post.png

tumblr_mansd4ynYN1rhptwbo1_1280.jpg

RH2PU.jpg

Who can honestly say they use the Map app anyway? Must have only used it once or twice ever.

I have used on it a number of occasions and would want to continue to do so, if you are going to do something surely do it well and not leave yourself open to criticism and ridicule. Don't get me wrong, I've used Apple for over 6 years now but this really is a howler whether you use maps or not :surrender: