9/11

Adrian@TORQEN

Anyone watch that program last night on Channel 4, 9/11 The Miracle Survivor or something along those lines? Was pretty mad, listening to the people and seeing all the footage again. RIP to all those that lost their lives and the ensuing wars. I'm still sceptical about the whole thing but there we go.

Cant believe it really,i remember what i was doing and where i was on this very day.

Same here, I went to see ground zero when I was in New York with my family a few years ago. Very disturbing and saddening place. I never thought it would directly affect me until I went there.

Indeed RIP to all those that lost those lives.

Went to Ground Zero a couple of years ago and sat on some steps next to it and sat their in silence with a mate. Very humbling experience to say the least.

Cant believe it really,i remember what i was doing and where i was on this very day.

Yeah, it's one of those defining moments in history. I was at home on that day when Caroline rang me and told me that she'd heard a plane had crashed into the one of the twin towers. I switched Sky News on at 2.00 just as the second plane hit :scare: . It's still hard to be believe that those towers just collapsed and even today I find it difficult to watch some of the TV coverage that's available on YouTube.

Pete

I was on a ship off the coast of the US, and berthed in Newark 4 days after the towers collapsed.

The entire of Manhattan was still a dust cloud as we sailed past.

I went back for the first time last year and visited the memorial. Very moving.

I see on FB today many people going on about conspiracies etc etc. pisses me off.

Let's just remember those lost on this day, and use the rest of the year to spout theories and ideas.

I was on a ship off the coast of the US, and berthed in Newark 4 days after the towers collapsed.

The entire of Manhattan was still a dust cloud as we sailed past.

I went back for the first time last year and visited the memorial. Very moving.

I see on FB today many people going on about conspiracies etc etc. pisses me off.

Let's just remember those lost on this day, and use the rest of the year to spout theories and ideas.

Indeed,some pretty damning conclusions out there, but today is about the people that were caught up in it and lost their lives or loved ones. I was just about to leave work when the 2nd plane hit,and remember walking past Tesco on my way home seeing all the TV's just inside the door (now at the back of the store) and seeing all the TV's with news channels on showing it all. Got home and watched it for hours.

Remember hearing this on the news, was very early Kiwi time, couldn't believe it, turned the tv on, really quite horrific. One of my best friends was over there for work at the time, very near to ground zero. Was quite worried for a few days, as he wasn't able to contact us.

The world, and people are very bizarre.

I was at uni. Heard it had happened obviously but didn't know the scale of things.

Went straight to work and we had about 5 customers the whole night as opposed to the 200 that was normal. It was only when I got home that I saw what had actually happened.

I've been to the site twice, once about 9 years ago when on a lads holiday in NY and once with my missus. It really is a moving place, even with construction going on.

I came back from lunch and was told a plane had hit the first tower, thought it was an accident and made my way to a conference room which was rigged up for SKY.... I couldnt get near it and it was around this time the second plane hit. The whole tech department was crowded around with our IT director sat in there... she had family in one of the buildings - i worked for a US bank.

I went to NYC 5 years ago on a personal trip and visited ground zero - the hairs on my arms and neck are stood up now thinking and typing about it, very moving experience and one I think all should experience.

While I was in NYC i arranged to meet a NY based colleague for a pint or two and told him i'd been to the site the day before and he told me that he had been based in the WTC site but was moved to NJ a few weeks beforehand as he was in charge of Disaster Recovery for email. His daily routine would have put him right there amongst it.

looking at the footage it makes it seem so surreal however his story (one of many thousands) reminds me these people were going about their daily lives trying to earn a living and pay the bills.

The day is about those who were lost and experienced it first hand. RIP.