276 gains

Patch

Just picked up my 276.

What can be done to up it's "go" a little?

What does a map give? directions?

:lol: sorry couldn't resist.

in simple terms; Zed is very expensive to tune very little out of it if you stay NA; if you want big increase go FI

not all 276bhp models actually started with anywhere near that to begin with, lots were found to be under powered. so you may find that after the tune you get alot better but maybe not where you thought you would get.

personally i'd do the exhaust and filter, get it remapped and then spend the cash on suspension, decent tyres and advanced driving lessons.

in simple terms; Zed is very expensive to tune very little out of it if you stay NA; if you want big increase go FI

not all 276bhp models actually started with anywhere near that to begin with, lots were found to be under powered. so you may find that after the tune you get alot better but maybe not where you thought you would get.

personally i'd do the exhaust and filter, get it remapped and then spend the cash on suspension, decent tyres and advanced driving lessons.

^That.

However, do we know that all the cars that were 'underpowered' weren't being run on 95 ron? Or possibly damaged from previously being run on 95 ron?

Most of the Zeds now that go through that standard mod list seem to be ending up with just under 300bhp, inline with the 20-30bhp increase expected from the mods + Uprev, that would give them about the bhp they should've had from stock.

Anyway, the main ways to go faster in the Zed for less are driver training, tyres, suspension, weight loss, brakes and then NA power gains in that order.

So unless you want to drag race, do those things first and learn to enjoy its beautiful, controllable handling and rear wheel fun.

That said, all of those power mods and the Uprev tune do make the car drive better. The power is delivered better, and its more urgent. All of those mods do really make the car brilliant together. But by the time you've bought all of them you could probably afford FI.

Or for pure effortless power, do what myself and RT did, sell it, buy a Jaaaaggg and have change to spare! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure why on the variation in power - it does happen though. I've owned two cars with a large ~30bhp difference as standard. Didn't have a chance to find out what was going on though.

As mentioned de-cats, spacer and remap give the best gains. HFCs are less hassle come MOT time but don't performance quite as well. My car managed 309bhp with these mods, although thats the highest I've seen so far.

We do all the individual parts:

Berk HFCs: http://www.h-dev.co....oducts_id=25344

De-cats: http://www.h-dev.co....oducts_id=25343

Spacer: http://www.h-dev.co....oducts_id=25052

Remap: http://www.h-dev.co....ge=350z_mapping

And a package deal which saves you money over buying all the bits separately: http://www.h-dev.co....oducts_id=25356

Edited by Jez

• 3 months later...

As others have said, if you have a limited budget, mechanical grip is by far the the first & best mod for the 350z

There's no point in giving it loads of power if you can't turn it or stop it. 4reLeather can vouch for that.

I had my car nearly 4years before I even had an uprev

• Like 1

I had my 54 plate zed uprev done at rs tuning, they told me it dosent get rid of any restrictions in 1 2 or 3. The zed feels a lot better and a lot smoother.. heres mt results

post-12757-136051555941_thumb.jpg

If I want more power the only real way is forced induction. But I dont think it need it, now im going to sort out the handling. :D

My mods are. Berk hfc, invidia gemini duel exhaust, plenum spacer, 2006 airbox mod, pannel filter,

Edited by Niko

with surporting mods exhaust,panel fillter,penteum spacer,hfc or decat about 307 max

more about the way the car feels takes retrictions out of 1st 2nd 3rd from factory and makes the car feel how it should have been

still worth uprev map on its own but if moding more cheaper to do the surporting mods first then map if you want more power gains you need to go FI

Ive done these and KC350Z has it pretty well dead right - HKS airfilter, plenum spacer, Berks,Japspeed Y pipe and K2 exhaust and Uprev and mines 258 at the hubs so probably just under the 300 at the flywheel

Biggest difference is how she feels, much more alert and through the gears way better,and his comment of " . . . . makes the car feel how it should have been" is exactly how I've said it myself

Note - I did these mods over a few years, so spent more than doing it all in one go, but there's probably £1.5 to £2k of work here - you may think buying a more up to date model which comes with over 300 as she stands may give you a better deal

If you have your 276 and want to keep her - I hope you enjoy buying her all these presents and find it as satisfying as I did - it's like buying your girlfriend jewellery, and she always says "Thank you" by giving you the big smile on you face after each little thing !

• 1 month later...

with surporting mods exhaust,panel fillter,penteum spacer,hfc or decat about 307 max

Hmmm, i called a dealer who was selling an 04 model and listed it as 300bhp, when i asked him what had been done he said "remap and a stainless steel exhaust"

according to what iv'e read, still for a car nearly 10 years old sounds abit OTT. Can someone tell me if that's realistic??

Edited by jaffers

I have a 2004 Zed on 110k with just an exhaust, plenum spacer & uprev on 300bhp :thumbs:

WOW!! thats incredible! i remember testing driving one with 93k and it was barely faster than an old school vtec.

So those three things are definitely on my TO-DO list.

Hmmm, i called a dealer who was selling an 04 model and listed it as 300bhp, when i asked him what had been done he said "remap and a stainless steel exhaust"

according to what iv'e read, still for a car nearly 10 years old sounds abit OTT. Can someone tell me if that's realistic??

Ask to see the read out to prove this if its been re-maped, Also for some reson imports some time seem to get 10hp more something to do with diffrent ecu,To be fair you wont notice a big diffrence in power with a re-map it more how the car feels {less retritive in 1st 2nd 3rd standard map} look at the rev-up threads it will tell you or message abbey etc for the facts as they have done alot off 350z and can tell you what is realistic with just map and exhaust also is it just cat back or full system,if no hfc or decats

Edited by KC350Z

I have a 2004 Zed on 110k with just an exhaust, plenum spacer & uprev on 300bhp :thumbs:

WOW!! thats incredible! i remember testing driving one with 93k and it was barely faster than an old school vtec.

So those three things are definitely on my TO-DO list.

It was upRev'd on over 90k and had 285bhp before Mark started, I did have a look for my little pony but I couldn't find it :lol:

My Zed is a magical creature it just goes and goes like a car in its teens and touch wood (fnar fnar) nothing has ever gone wrong.... no doubt one day it will just fall apart though :lol: