Hacking Phones and Facebook????

Zedrush

Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone can help me solve these riddles.

My Phone:

I have had to change my phone number 4 times in the space of three days. I have a certain someone constantly harassing me that i needed to get away from. Question is how did they get my number? The third time I changed, I changed my address the account was registered to and I didnt give my number out to anyone I waited two day before I did. But before I gave out my number this person who will call X still managed to text me??? :dry: How is this possible?

Facebook:

I changed my password, none had it or new it, yet my messages were still activated and read through. My password hadnt been changed.

Go Daddy Email account

Noone knew my email password although admittedly at the time is was the same as my facebook, I had emails coming through and the one thats I had stored to keep on file of harassment X managed to delete the whole file. Luckily where I blocked X and then unblocked her all the messages X tried to send through came up along with the email I saw who you been chatting to on your facebook private messages.

I dont understand how X is managing to do this since then I have changed numbers yet again, changed facebook password and now registered that when accessed on different computer needs special code that is text to my phone to access. Changed my email password and linked my facebook to my email at go daddy and deleted my Gmail email that facebook was originally associated to.

Ive had a real bad time over this, and am dumb founded how X managed to do it when X is not the brightest person I know. Just conniving. Appreciate any help thanks

:blush:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as she hasn't got your 350z-uk password we shall all be safe.

You can get hold of keyboard tracking software, it will save all key depressions. Does Miss X still have access to your computer?

I would have a look at installed software and remove anything that looks suspicious.

It's the only option I can think of?

I have a certain someone constantly harassing me that i needed to get away from.

Louis? :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: How did you know lol. Hes not that bad.... yet...

She has no access to my computer or laptop for ages, I have macs so very hard to put certain trackers on it. What about the phone?

I'd say she's got you by the gonads!!

Don't you just love women, take it as a positive unless she starts raiding your bank account :scare:

I'd have her reported to the police, surely they will have recommendations with personal security and the like.

With the mobile I'd speak with your provider and ask what they suggest.

I'd say she's got you by the gonads!!

Don't you just love women, take it as a positive unless she starts raiding your bank account :scare:

I'd have her reported to the police, surely they will have recommendations with personal security and the like.

With the mobile I'd speak with your provider and ask what they suggest.

I spoke to the provider, They didnt know how she managed it unless she knows someone who works at carphone warehouse who could give her it

I just spoke to our IT/security director about this, and he's pretty sure you've got some keystroke-logging software on your machine. You don't need physical access to a machine to do this, so X not having had access to your machine is irrelevant. Also whilst it is more unlikely, it can definitely be done to a mac just as easily as a PC. It can also happen to smartphones as well, anything with web access basically.

The other question he asked is have you been changing your numbers via a web-based service on your PC? As this would explain the phone number changing issue by exposure to key-logging.

If not, then the phone numbers thing is a bit odd, basically X would need to have a friend at the phone company (not as far fetched as it sounds, it's happened before) to be getting your numbers if you genuinely haven't been telling anyone.

He also told me to slap you for linking your facebook to an email account that you believe to be compromised; you're just making it easier.

The overall concensus is that however this is happening, it basically has to involve something pretty illegal, so get the police involved.

Hope you get it sorted.

DB

Messages should still be stored on the server don't companies have to store all emails for 3 years?

Surely this would include email and ISP's?

It could even be longer after enduring 4 months of Jury Service which involved Mobile traffic, content and messages. The case was this year and covered content prior to 2009.

Thanks everyone.

I did make a call to go daddy about getting the deleted messages back. They said under European law they are not allowed to store deleted messages on their server, they can only store from USA and outside E.U. Does this sound right?

I need to check keystrokes, but she has not had access to my computer for over a year. Surely would not be still existing? how do I check if has this or not? :surrender:

Thanks everyone.

I did make a call to go daddy about getting the deleted messages back. They said under European law they are not allowed to store deleted messages on their server, they can only store from USA and outside E.U. Does this sound right?

I need to check keystrokes, but she has not had access to my computer for over a year. Surely would not be still existing? how do I check if has this or not? :surrender:

I do love bunny boiler stories.............would only happen to you Jay................ but thats what you get for going with drags :lol:

Thanks everyone.

If it's a good (by which i mean effective) piece of keystroke software, then any manual checking of installed programs will likely get you nowhere. Get yourself some proper protection software (something decent like Vipre 2013, not Norton etc) and let it do its thing. Unless its REALLY nasty then that should get rid of anything on there and also give you peace of mind that no one can do it again. Worst case is that nothing gets found and you've ruled out the problem being at your end.

DB

You need to try and find a common denominator between the phone numbers. Have you stored them all in the same place (ie laptop) or are they all with the same provider? If Facebook has been comprimised, were your new phone numbers on there, even if not public, they could have accessed them via the account. Did you have them on email somewhere? Email can be comprimised either via the web interface, but also via POP3/IMAP so make sure they are turned off otherwise access might have been via them. I got my Gmail hacked via IMAP and didnt spot it on the web interface.

Key logger is certainly a possibilty. You dont have any kind of remote access to the laptop that X could be using?