New to 350Z - A few queries before getting my car

Q1 - My proposed car has been very well maintained, all the reciepts, etc kept. - the guy who had my car before was an engineer, and carried out the servicing on it himself, - it has been very well documented, all the reciepts, details of the car, mileage etc, including photos of him doing the service. - should i be relieved someone has gone to the trouble of being so meticulous, or worried that it ha not been done by nissan?

Q2 - I am also unsure whether the car has been ran on 97ron fuel or not, is there any way to tell or not?

Q3 - I wish to fit a parking dynamics PD1 'invisable' reverse parking sensor to my car, should it be done by a body shop or is it easy enough to do myself?

-Thank you in advance for your time :)

Q1 - My proposed car has been very well maintained, all the reciepts, etc kept. - the guy who had my car before was an engineer, and carried out the servicing on it himself, - it has been very well documented, all the reciepts, details of the car, mileage etc, including photos of him doing the service. - should i be relieved someone has gone to the trouble of being so meticulous, or worried that it ha not been done by nissan? i'd be relieved it wasn't nissan!

Q2 - I am also unsure whether the car has been ran on 97ron fuel or not, is there any way to tell or not? Nope unless there are some ominous rattles - but if the guy has been servicing it himself he is unlikely to have used standard fuel

Q3 - I wish to fit a parking dynamics PD1 'invisable' reverse parking sensor to my car, should it be done by a body shop or is it easy enough to do myself? A few members have done this - use the search button ;)

-Thank you in advance for your time :)

My old mum used to work in the local Nissan dealership for a number of years so I become well aware of the capabilities of the various technicians. Some were very good and others you wouldn't trust to maintain a wheelbarrow, they even had one chap whose ability to service your car was determined by how much ale he'd consumed the night previous. A full Nissan service history looks very nice on paper but in reality I would have far more confidence in a documented regular service by a trusted independent or knowledgeable owner

My old mum used to work in the local Nissan dealership for a number of years so I become well aware of the capabilities of the various technicians. Some were very good and others you wouldn't trust to maintain a wheelbarrow, they even had one chap whose ability to service your car was determined by how much ale he'd consumed the night previous. A full Nissan service history looks very nice on paper but in reality I would have far more confidence in a documented regular service by a trusted independent or knowledgeable owner

Yes but not on their owns cars probably.

I would always prefer the seller to do their own diy. They will take more time and effort then garages will. It sounds nice tbh.

Just enjoy the car, you would have no guarantees with any other car. :thumbs:

Thank you all for you input, it is very much appreciated. - I have never bought a car that has not been maintained/serviced by main/approved dealer before, so was a little worried when I found out about my new car. Looks like I have been worrying for nothing, It is a beautiful car, meticulously looked after, and all the documents/ pictures indicating oem parts / reccommended oil etc. that have been used have put me at ease. Can't wait to pick her up on saturday fingers crossed! :)

Doing servicing yourself i would consider as a good thing if he still has proof of products. Most garages use the cheapest products so they can lower the price of servicing. I went to a garage and for full service was 60pound... Which is what it cost me to change my oil myself. Bit iffy sometimes but id buy one with d.i.y job with receipts