dave1221's build thread

dave1221

Hi guys! Like a few others on here, I've decided to open a projects thread, so I can keep track of the things I have done and plan to do with my Zed! Feel free to make any comments and give your opinions (good or bad)!

The advert photos:

a80326d9.jpg

446717de.jpg

4d0fb69e.jpg

Day One:

When I got here home I found she was too big to fit in my small garage....

fb804e2a.jpg

...so down came the fence and she now resides on the patio!

17abcae5.jpg

1612a2d6.jpg

Bought a fitted car cover off ebay to keep the bird muck off:

06601aa1.jpg

Plastidip front Bumper

My first mod was to plastidip the front bumper. At the same time of ordering a few cans of plastidip to spray my girlfriends and her brothers alloy wheels, I ordered 2 for myself and set to work spraying the middle bumper bar.

ad52aa22.jpg

909f68a6.jpg

7cc6e2a8.jpg

3e0c5bd2.jpg

7ff0c1d6.jpg

Wheel Refurb & Spacers

The Rays were looking a little tired with some curbing and corrosion starting to show through, so I sent them off to the Wheel Repair Centre (wheelrepair.co.uk) over in Preston to have them refurbished. They came back looking amazing :D

FB_IMG_1337895162841675.jpg

1a6ddc2b.jpg

951764d0.jpg

While the wheels were off, I took the liberty of ordering some spacers from MWTech...they have made a big difference to how the car looks!

750a5c4a.jpg

4b09ad1b.jpg

053fdc75.jpg

7a8090d8.jpg

Just a note on car cover,if repeatedly removing on and off you may find it can scuff/ scratch paint as the cover will pick up any dirt etc thats already on car.

thanks for the info :thumbs: the car is always clean when the car cover goes on, im only using it til my bodykit is fitted and the car is resprayed - the cover wont fit once ive had the spoiler i want fitted :lol:

Dinoc Dash

I wanted to improve the look of the interior of the Zed, so decided to turn to 3M Dinoc carbon vinyl (I used this previously in my Celica GT4). I removed the centre console, the lower gear stick surround, and also the door trims and wrapped them.

f78ef5f6.jpg

d6babab3.jpg

916f8125.jpg

c5b3542a.jpg

0a84bd89.jpg

ca9bd0fe.jpg

Scorpion Exhaust

I bought the car with a slight blow in the exhaust, Atkin Motor Engineers confirmed this to be in the flexi of the Y pipe when I had her serviced, so I bought a second hand one off NeilP on here:

f6beb862.jpg

I then found a new Scorpion exhaust for sale on ebay. Sadly, this is how one of the tail pipes looked when it arrived:

IMG-20120625-WA0001.jpg

The exhaust went back to Scorpion who replaced it, and the end of July my mate fitted it at the workshop:

5b193eeb.jpg

e71bc5e4.jpg

a576c437.jpg

0814dff0.jpg

I just realised that i dont actually have a pic of it fitted lol :wacko:

Bodykit

I spent quite a while trying to decide which bodykit I was going to go for. After a lot of thought, I plumped for the Nismo V2 front end, Nismo Skirts, and Amuse Rear. After contacting Leon at EP Racing, 3 deliveries arrived at the office:

IMG-20120717-WA0002.jpg

04f43c17.jpg

6c3d4a1f.jpg

I'm in the process of getting fitting prices from the local bodyshops, I hope to have it all fitted and sprayed in the next couple of weeks! B)

• 2 weeks later...