BMW M5d!

Leeroy

Probs one of the best efforts of a copy I've seen in a while.

Fair one. I didn't look at the 'mods' in detail but I thought it looks barry somehow, maybe the exhaust or wheels or the roof spoiler.

Why people try to make a diesel 5 series look like an M5 is beyond me, I just don't get what they're trying to prove. Just like MR2 Ferrari copies and fake Rolex's, it's pure try hard IMO.

The thing is all those bits come on the m5 except the roof spoiler which is from one of the best modifying companies out there. If he had put real m5 wheels on it it would be hard to tell it's a copy until it was started up.

Yeah it's a good copy but why :shrug:

I can just about understand debadging even if I think it is stupid I can see that some people like to own a 'sleeper' but why make a perfectly decent diesel 5 series 'look' like an M5 when as soon as you start it you look like the biggest twonk going.... :bang:

530 is a bit of a rocket when mapped though Dave so it will still move quick.

I do agree though. I would have left the m5 badge of the rear

I don't doubt it moves, but why make it look like something it isn't....

If it was a 350z with a 370z bodykit on it would be flamed from here to Motherwell and back again :lol:

My mates dad got a diesel from the factory with an M5 body. I never understood why :shrug:

Was it an M5 body though or an M Sport spec? They look very similar (no vents) and the M Sport was available on all 5 series.

I'd easily have a 530d or 535d M sport. Not pretending to be anything it's not.

If it was a 350z with a 370z bodykit on it would be flamed from here to Motherwell and back again :lol:

It's more like putting a nismo kit onto a 350z. Or putting a GTR kit onto a standard skyline. I don't think it's a bad idea putting an m5 kit onto a 5. If u put an m sport kit onto an se nobody would batt an eyelid. The m5 kit is just that bit nicer than the m sport kit

Having said that if I did put that kit on I would leave the badge off it

Oh... and that car advertised on pistonheads has naff wheels and the schnitzer (?) spoiler is ugly :lol:

It's more like putting a nismo kit onto a 350z. Or putting a GTR kit onto a standard skyline. I don't think it's a bad idea putting an m5 kit onto a 5. If u put an m sport kit onto an se nobody would batt an eyelid. The m5 kit is just that bit nicer than the m sport kit

Having said that if I did put that kit on I would leave the badge off it

Oh... and that car advertised on pistonheads has naff wheels and the schnitzer (?) spoiler is ugly :lol:

I thought it was hamann spoiler :shrug:

I have a 535d MSport , and its got an M Badge :blush:

What????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :bangin::bangin::bangin:

It came with it as its an Msport, I don't have an issue as its not saying its someting it's not. If it said M5 then that would be a different ball game

Msports don't come with M badges :bangin::bangin:

Only 'M' cars come with 'M' badges.................. ;)

It's more like putting a nismo kit onto a 350z. Or putting a GTR kit onto a standard skyline. I don't think it's a bad idea putting an m5 kit onto a 5.:

There are plenty of nice kits to put on cars without looking like a barry try hard though. Personally I'd be proud to advertise the fact that I'd bought such a capable diesel as this Beemer 5, M-Sport mods are perfectly acceptable but trying to make people think it's an M5 is full of fail :lol:

Each to their own though :shrug:

Msports don't come with M badges :bangin::bangin:

Only 'M' cars come with 'M' badges.................. ;)

But even BMW have given in and trying to cash in on peoples love for the 'M' badge with the new M135i and M550d :lol:

There's a 335 around where I live which is plastered in M badges, keep on hoping to run into it at the traffic lights, would like to see just how many BHP each M badge adds...am guessing at least 15 :lol:

530 is a bit of a rocket when mapped though Dave so it will still move quick.

I do agree though. I would have left the m5 badge of the rear

Nah I would say it's more like fitting a Nismo kit onto a 350z rather than fitting a 370z kit onto a 350z.

EDIT: Just noticed Irfan has said the exact same thing :thumbs:

ive read a lot about supercharging and not found a lot about turbocharged Zeds, i understand most TT kits require a lot of work on our right hand drives, i would personally like a turbo to supercharging as I've heard the whining sound they make, I've gone over older threads and i couldnt find a suitable turbo conversion thred, have i missed something or is the zed not made for turbo's in general ?