2003 Gun Metal Grey GT, UK - IM KEEPING HER!

slimjim

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm quite interested in your Z, it looks very nice and well looked after.

Would it be possible to PM me your post code please so I can see how far away you are?

Thanks

Billy

Hey Billy... We are in Telford... Where are you? :wave:

Lovely example

Mind me asking how you did the LED strut brace?

No problem...

The Strut Brace lights are an Askari special.... Have a look around the forum for username:Huskie, Comapny:Askari and lighting... :thumbs:

Can't find anything

Would you consider selling your setup?

Still interested in the led strut brace setup mate :)

Still interested in the led strut brace setup mate :)

Hey bud...

Selling would mean having to swap your non LED brace for mine... which involves quite a bit of stripping/building the panels.

Going to have to say no I'm afraid... sorry bud!

Spent today replacing the passenger side window motor.

Nissan original part from ZMANAlex. Another £187 spent. No expense spared.

Now works like a charm, reset properly and drops/rises when the door is opened/closed as per standard.

:thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Why are you selling?

As a buyer my main concern with this car would be the clutch and the rear tyres. If it's still on the original clutch at 80k and the rears are low then there could be some imminent costs in the very near future.

Could you contact every place it has been serviced and see if they have a record of changing the clutch?

I'd consider getting some brand new rears and getting a brand new ad up on PH/AT/Ebay and put the price back up to £6,750 to cover the cost of the tyres and could help get the car sold........

Why are you selling?

As a buyer my main concern with this car would be the clutch and the rear tyres. If it's still on the original clutch at 80k and the rears are low then there could be some imminent costs in the very near future.

Could you contact every place it has been serviced and see if they have a record of changing the clutch?

I'd consider getting some brand new rears and getting a brand new ad up on PH/AT/Ebay and put the price back up to £6,750 to cover the cost of the tyres and could help get the car sold........

While you at it get the wheels refurbed and hand the refurber the new tyres to save on fitting costs then as sarnie said get the price back up!

Why are you selling?

Just fallen out of love with it I suppose.

When I get time (working away from home at the mo) I will try to track down a clutch change...

But doing the clutch replace and tyres might be a good idea.

£100 each for tyres... £200.

How much is a new clutch... fitted? :shrug: Although I don't think it needs one. :blush:

Why are you selling?

When I get time (working away from home at the mo) I will try to track down a clutch change...

How much is a new clutch... fitted? :shrug: Although I don't think it needs one. :blush:

Personally, my opinion is that when buying cars, people desperately look for reasons NOT to buy a car. Thats why everyone asks about clutch wear, tyre tread depth, service history etc etc. People don't ask stuff like "does it look really nice when it's clean?" or "Is it really really fast??".

Everyones looking to ensure that when they make the purchase that they aren't going to be faced with big bills a few weeks later. I'd get the rears done and try and track down any history of a clutch change. If you can do that, that might help you as I don't think your car is overpriced, but these issues may be holding you back.

Also, and this may just be me, but I don't like seeing the pics of the car in pieces eg interior and door cards etc. It would be like seeing naked pics of my wife with an ex-boyfriend; I try to block it out and pretend it never happened

Why are you selling?

With the tyres i would just put something like Falkens on as you are not going to make your money back by putting premium tyres on unfortunately.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b747s315p1 ... _TL_/RS_GB

Clutch, your looking around £300 for the clutch and £200 fitting so its not cheap :(

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This looks like a good honest car, if you're in the market for this particular colour spec. At this price for a cherished forum car you can't go wrong - if the new owner was planning to keep it for a few years he/she should be happy to throw a clutch in and not have that to worry about it during their ownership :shrug:

Don't worry about the wheels or tyres, just agree £6K with a potential buyer and take the cash.

Definitely lose the pics of the car in pieces, it only detracts from the ad.

I can't believe how cheap these cars are now, such a lot of car for the cash. I just hope plenty of them remain unmolested by the Halfords posse.

• 4 weeks later...