The Wasso South East Tour

coldel

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is thy Jedi Knight.... Light Sabre too - tucked up the sleeve!!

Good to see ya Dave, had a great day with your wealthy supplies of grub and drinks. Just been out for a meal, so photo's will either be tomorrow or Sunday, but more than happy for you to post a few if you wish. Your Zed turned out rather nice I must say.

Good to see ya Dave, had a great day with your wealthy supplies of grub and drinks. Just been out for a meal, so photo's will either be tomorrow or Sunday, but more than happy for you to post a few if you wish. Your Zed turned out rather nice I must say.

Good to see you all, too Ian, Chris and Bob! Don't know about wealthy supplies - just a camping coolbox full of drinks and sarnies - but you're welcome all the same, it was the least I could do :thumbs:

Thanks again for the hard work - the car looks better than it ever has since I've owned it. Spent the whole evening on the web now pricing-up polishers and waxes. I always said I didn't have the dreaded zeditis :blush:

Hope to meet-up again soon,

Dave

Zeditis is not to be feared, just embrace it and succumb gracefully :surrender:;)

Good to see you all, too Ian, Chris and Bob! Don't know about wealthy supplies - just a camping coolbox full of drinks and sarnies - but you're welcome all the same, it was the least I could do :thumbs:

Thanks again for the hard work - the car looks better than it ever has since I've owned it. Spent the whole evening on the web now pricing-up polishers and waxes. I always said I didn't have the dreaded zeditis :blush:

Hope to meet-up again soon,

Dave

It was with heavy heart we waved goodbye to Wasso in his stunning example of an azure 350z at the end of his tour. :byebye:

We spent the last day together on "The Bitch" after much drinking of coffee and Wasso saying Hmmm (Buster and I have learnt the "MMmmmmmmmmmm" is good "Hmmmm" is bad :lol: ) followed by some tests on smaller parts we decided that a 6 step process was the way ahead -

1. Wet Sand 1200

2. Wet cut with some rather cool 3000 grade cutting pads

3. G3 Cutting compound with the rotary

4. Medium compound (Ian help me out can't remember this one) using the DA

5. Ultra fine compound again with the DA

6. Wax

we only fully completed 3 panels but the results are superb even Wasso managed an "Mmmmmmmmm"

Couple of pics for your enjoyment -

DSCF2399.jpg

DSCF2396.jpg

DSCF2395.jpg

:cloud9:

Great to see you again Wasso, no idea how you managed the hours you spent on all those cars after those late nights! Looking forwards to your next tour already :thumbs:

O and you know you said you had everything?

well ..................................

DSCF2401.jpg

DSCF2400.jpg

No you didn't ;)

Thanks Ian, an epic 7 days that, lots of elbow grease and pinkness combined to make a lot of south east Zed owners very happy.

The rain is just beading off the Zed at the moment ... looks stunning!

Oh Damn!!! You hid it from me :doh:

Since our epic day of polishing Flat paint (no lacquer) I was quite impressed with our efforts today, great team work and if you ever want to give up computers I'd be more than delighted to work with you detailing.

It was a sad moment today I've made a really good mate, along with a family that is truly bonded and welcoming. I was treated to the finest southern fish and chips, restaurants, alcohol, coffee, sandwiches (Dave Parkin :clap: ) and copious amounts of fun and chats until the VERY early mornings. I'm truly grateful for you to house me for 4 days. The Zed Shed Rocks!!!!! :band:

To all who wanted a detail, I thank you for your business, banter and cold drinks and lunches etc.

I have to say it was Damn Hot in Richmond!!!!!!!

Thanks to all, a further tour will be planned hopefully for the end of August. So anyone who wishes for a detail pm me.

I must also say, there's been some great Zeds that I've worked on, and one particular Zed that I was allowed to have a drive with ( Will :evil: ) I can still remember those great twisties, they were superb.

I'll post up a little later the before and after pics with finished gallery, cheers all :drunk:

It was 30 degrees in Dorking two days later but I gather it still wasn't as hot as Richmond!!! :scare:

It got hotter the day after Ian left, just as well he wasn't there on Tuesday otherwise my Zed would never have gotten finished it was so hot.

It was 30 degrees in Dorking two days later but I gather it still wasn't as hot as Richmond!!! :scare:

It got hotter the day after Ian left, just as well he wasn't there on Tuesday otherwise my Zed would never have gotten finished it was so hot.

Oh yeah, the weather was hot as well ;)

There's going to be a slight delay with pics. My allotted time has been eaten up by spending 2 hours trying to print boarding cards on the Ryanair website that has now eaten up all my time for picture loading.

I'll be claiming for a new laptop in anger for throwing the passports at the keyboard and breaking 2 keys due to having to enter our details 14 times :rant:

Have a great holiday mate, you deserve a break after all that hard work.

See you on the 11th. Oh that reminds me i need to book the hotel.

Thanks Will, yes looking forward to a break. I was shattered on my return. Didn't get home till 7:30pm Sunday.

Seeing Wolfs Chemicals tomorrow :yahoo:

Yes book hotel :drive1

(Gota be up at 4:20am tomorrow :thumbdown: )

• 2 weeks later...

So finally I get some time to upload the 992 photos to Photobucket! :scare:

I'll be posting full threads for each vehicle once I've activated my Pro Trader status for Pristine Detailing, which will occur in the next week or so.

For now, here's the remaining cars

Greddy-Matt

BEFORE (Sorry forgot the shots post-snowfoam)

IMG_8153.jpg

IMG_8155.jpg

IMG_8164.jpg

AFTER

IMG_8174.jpg

IMG_8225.jpg

IMG_8197.jpg

IMG_8189.jpg

IMG_8182.jpg

IMG_8231.jpg

IMG_8224.jpg

DaveParkin