Just been given 3 points

Jay

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think you'll be surprised how little difference it makes to your premium, I really do. :)

3 points increased my insurance by 20%.

In fact ive just logged into confused.com and did a checked and its 18% increase for me.

Also, something strange seems to have happened with insurance prices of 350z`s now i happen to have sold mine. Year 1 for me cost me £900 to insure my zed. Year 2 cost me £700. (this is with 20 years NCB).

Now, ive sold the car, Privilage are happy to quote me £330 fully comp on my old car. WTF?!

Times are hard for the insurance companies dont you know Dan ;) - they are probably doing it at 20% per 3 points full stop now. Regardless of whether its 3 or 9 you have.

They must have some fancy calculators, as they appear to have 70% no claims discount, but then 3 points bumps up your premium by 20%, but I shall suspect thats 20% of the original price before your no claims discount. Whichever way you spin it, its a private industry that the law dictates you must use - so we are never going to get a fair deal, ever.

• 4 weeks later...