O2 Mobile Network Crashed!!!

R35LEE

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all back this morning.

i like O2 so its not upset me the loss of signal for a few hours.

I have had my new phone for 2 days, only heard my new ring tone ring once :wacko:

I like O2 but would like them even more when its all up and running :thumbs:

Mine was fine all day yesterday, not working this morning.

It is a pain but it's not the end of the world. I have a BB on Vodafone for work so it doesnt impact me from that side of things..... shame as I was hoping for a similar BB outage as last year :lol:

But I do feel for the smaller businesses where their phone is their call center, I'm having work done on my new house and i'm sure i've missed calls from various tradesmen to arrange visits etc so even if their phone is okay they could be losing work because the potential customer only gave a mobile number which is on o2

As i said a small distraction for me but I dont rely on mine to earn a crust.

Now I wonder if the issue was caused by a newly recruited IT bod from RBS :lol:

By the way, I am in IT so I do feel for the poor b*gg3rs.

Good luck with retentions, there will be a few that will try it, but go check your contract for the statements on availability/uptime. I bet you dont have any SLA attached to it, so they'll just wave you good bye. :shrug:

I feel for people that lose business when phone networks go down, but really there's nothing you can do about it other than to have a landline and a mobile for a business. At the end of the day its the same as when a car breaks. You just have to try and get it fixed ASAP, its not always the manufacturers fault, sometimes things just fail. My understanding of the O2 problem was they didnt know what was causing it which makes it much harder to find. Its not like all customers in London suddenly went down. There appeared to be no common denominator which working in IT makes it a ball ache and a half to try and trace it :bang:

Woohoo so we can post whatever we like and just say NSFW :yahoo:

Might change my username to spursmaddave (nsfw) :lol:

We can always create you a custom status :lol: (til the shiney new things come and ovewrite it!)

Money back if you were affected, and £10 voucher to spend in-store to everyone

Over and above if you ask me, but very welcome all the same. :thumbs:

Decent gesture, although as a business it had potential to do me major damage, but hey I have a landline and answer macine so no complaint here :)

I guess they know who was affected, or are we being asked to prove it?

Decent gesture, although as a business it had potential to do me major damage, but hey I have a landline and answer macine so no complaint here :)

No disrespect to any businesses here, but if you rely purely on a mobile phone then you are a bit of a muppet. If you need to be contactable ALL the time you need more than one way to be contacted. Annoying when it does happen, but you should plan for it to happen.

With regard to proving/knowing who was effected, I'm pretty sure they can find out exactly who was effected. I just depends if its easier for them to just dish out a discount to all vs spending the effort working out who was effected. Not hard for them to do it, but will require a bit of effort and might not be cost effective. No way you can easily prove you were effected and that would take a lot of man power for them to process all the claims. Cheaper to just give the whole base a discount.

With regard to proving/knowing who was effected, I'm pretty sure they can find out exactly who was effected. I just depends if its easier for them to just dish out a discount to all vs spending the effort working out who was effected. Not hard for them to do it, but will require a bit of effort and might not be cost effective. No way you can easily prove you were effected and that would take a lot of man power for them to process all the claims. Cheaper to just give the whole base a discount.

From the BBC Article.

"We have now identified all those customers directly affected (those whose devices could not connect on our system) and we are giving them the equivalent of three days back for the disruption as a gesture of goodwill and to say sorry," the company said.